"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Wednesday, June 5, 2019

EMBRACING Spiritual Discernment and Being Still

#5 today also is not in the You Version reading plan

{but click on the title below and be linked to read it in full}

#5 "Is This The Right Decision?" Philippians 1:9-10

How many times have I asked this? or worse, how many times did I fail to even ask, and just decided or acted? Embarassing. Shameful. Sinful. Impulsive behavior of my younger life. Just for failing to ask is this right? Should I give more time to processing this decision or choice before acting? My, oh, my ... if I had gone to God first and foremost. If only the Godly principles I believed, I lived and acted by, decided by ...

Lysa states:

"... Find that courageous yes. Fight for that confident no"... and move on. "Know it. State it. Own it."Lysa TerKeurst

What Lysa writes about knowledge, insight and discernment
is worth its weight in gold! (page 17)

Trusting the Holy Spirit to do what Jesus promised in
John 14:26

As I mature and develop spiritually, I've come to realize the importance of what Lysa ends this devotion with:

"... When we've done what we need to do to acquire knowledge and insight of truth, then the discernment of that truth is there. We must learn to trust and use that discernment because the more we do this, the more wisdom we acquire to make God-honoring decisions." Lysa TerKeurst

This is exactly what I hope to do, as well as those I know & love will do. I desire to make decisions that honor Our Lord Jesus Christ more and more every day. I ask Him not only for Godly wisdom and choices but that I develop spiritual discernment ... oh Lysa, you get me so well

EMBRACE
Spiritual Discernment
and being
Spirit-led
I pray


I've been saving emails that contain "EMBRACE" from Bible Gateway or any place. I think what Sheri Rose Shepherd wrote in the following certainly applies to this and sense God whispering this today:

EMBRACE BEING STILL
Beloved Princess,

I long to be closer to you. I’m never too busy for you, My beloved. If you will turn off the things around you that drown Me out of your daily life, you will begin to hear Me in your spirit. When you don’t know where to go, you will hear Me give you divine direction. When you are in need of a friend, you will hear Me whisper, “I am here.” When you need comfort, you will hear Me call to you, “Come to Me.” Don’t let your agenda distract you from time with Me. Quiet your spirit. Know that I am your heavenly Father and you are My precious daughter, and I love when you crave time to be still with Me.

Love,
Your King & The Voice Of Heaven

Today's Treasure of Truth
When you are still, I am closest to you. Draw close to me and I will draw close to you.

Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for Him. 
Psalm 37:7 (NIV)

For more about Sheri Rose’s visit HisRoyalFamily.com


1 comment:

  1. I agree that true spiritual discernment comes from "being still" before the Lord. Impatience and busyness tend to crowd out my "being still" times...too many times it seems...and so I miss out on God's best for me and have to muddle thru my mistakes...when will I learn? So thankful for His mercy and grace...

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy