"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Sunday, March 29, 2020

"The Promise of Lent" - 5th Sunday

40 Day Journey
Toward the
Power of Easter

Lent-medium
with
Chris Tiegreen's devotional
"The Promise of Lent"

... Isaiah 52:7-10 ...

for the Lord has comforted
His People
He has redeemed Jerusalem.
The Lord has demonstrated His Holy Power
before the eyes of all nations.
All the ends of the earth
will see the

Victory
of our God

{how very timely and appropriate for such a time as this!}

COVID-19 Worldwide



"Lord, my life is shaped by the things I hunger for, and You have blessed me with a longing for the things of heaven. Continue to stir up my hunger for the good news of Your Kingdom. Rebuild the ruined places of my life, and strengthen the gifts and calling I have already received. Let me be a revelation of {*You}Your goodness, grace, and glory that I might live as part of Your PROMISE to display Your victory to the ends of the earth."~Chris Tiegreen, p.122

{could not be a better prayer for me to pray during this}

Do you want God's protection?

will not
FEAR or BE AFRAID
Psalm 91:5
as I'm continuing with this devotion:



Readings for Week 5
Mon. Day 29 "The New Feast" Revelation 21:1-7 *Revelation 21:5
Tues. Day 30 "Hope Behind the Clouds" Matthew 16:13-23 *Matthew 16:21
Weds. Day 31 "The Evidence of Life" John 11:1-44 *John 11:40
Thurs. Day 32 "The End of Fruitlessness" Matthew 21:18-22 *Matthew 21:21-22
Fri. Day 33 "A Heart in Sync with His" John 12:1-8 *John 12:7
Sat. Day 34 "The Greater Exodus" Luke 9:28-36 
*Luke 9:30-31 (ESV)


If ever there has been a Lent season to prepare our hearts, this is the time in 2020 to seek the Lord totally.
Pray and Be Bold in sharing Jesus!
then release the Holy Spirit
to finish the work
JESUS
has done

Included the following
just to hear
Max Lucado's heart &
encouragement





IF You know MAX LUCADO or even if you don't, check out his website & other social media, because he has been sharing such wisdom & great encouragement almost daily.


{sorry if any of my images or video/links do not appear or cause problems}



No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy