"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Sunday, April 5, 2020

"The Promise of Lent" - 6th Sunday, Palm Sunday & Holy Week

40 Day Journey
Toward the
Power of Easter

Lent-medium

with
Chris Tiegreen's devotional
"The Promise of Lent"


Before I begin to share this week, I've had many plans, books and studies during this time that I have not given my 100% just because I chose too many, however, I am so thankful that I continued on with this "journey toward ..." JESUS' power in the Resurrection to this very week ... this Holy Week, culminating with our celebration of His Glorious Resurrection; His Victory over sin, sickness and even death for us (you, me & even those who have not yet come to this belief and understanding) yet it all begins with this day ...


PALM SUNDAY
6th Sunday of Lent

Matthew 21:1-9

... and choosing to accept JESUS
The Promise of Lent
our Lord of lords
our King of kings
and
laying down our own thoughts
placing Palms on the ground
and surrendering to Him

FOR HE ALONE
is
SO WORTHY

FOR HE ALONE
is the
ONLY WAY
Truth and Life

FOR JESUS ALONE
took all our wrong doing,
 paid our debt
so that we
may LIVE
here and now
&
then ever after
eternally

FOR JESUS LOVES
US SO MUCH!

FOR JESUS is the ONLY WAY
to
God, our Father

Please take time each day this week to pray for the many souls still lost that will perish. If you are blessed and don't have any, please lift up a prayer for mine & my heart ache and urgency to see ALL saved ... God has patiently waited ever so long


"Lord, my words are not enough. My heart is speechless but full of truth, longing but full of joy, free but captivated by the power of Your aMazing love. May my soul bless Your name today & forever."


HOLY WEEK

Palm Sunday

Lord Jesus, may my praises ... {fill today with many Hallelujahs} as when You {came &}come riding into my life, in all humility of a true King. {Yet I must confess that my entire life journey did not hail You as King, as I should have, so I ask You to forgive me so that now & forevermore} I will bless Your holy appearance and let go of my expectations. I give You full freedom to reign in my heart, my relationships, & my circumstances. Blessings on the One who comes in the Name of the Lord. {Hosanna - Hallelujah!}
*part in {} is my own addition to the beautiful prayer by Chris Tiegreen

Monday

Day 35 "A Zealous Jealous Love" Matthew 21:12-17;
*Matthew 21:13 

Tuesday

Day 36 "Power in Humility" John 13:1-20 *John 13:15

Wednesday

Day 37 "All for Joy" Mark 14:32-42 *Mark 14:33-34,38

Maundy Thursday

Day 38 "A Different Revolution" Mark 14:43-52; 
*Mark 14:48

Good Friday
Day 39 "When Darkness Falls" Luke 23:44-49; 
*Luke 23:48

Holy Saturday

Day 40 "Darkness, Silence, and A Breath" Matthew 27:57-61; *Matthew 27:59-61




RESURRECTION
SONday!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy