"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Prayers to RENEW

... Renew, Rebuild, Restore ...
 

Before I start out with this 21 day plan,

I was thinking I should define 
"Renew, Rebuild, & Restore"

 Yet as I opened up to read the devotional for day 2, 
I noticed that they give a definition for renewal from
Ephesians 4:22-24
As "... putting off former conduct (that is our sinful life) and putting on a new man that is growing in the true righteousness and holiness (likeness of God). It is the process of transformation or sanctification that takes place in our spirit from our old nature to a new life in Christ. II Corinthians 5:17 confirms that if we are in Christ we are a new creation and made new." 

The reading plan also seems to divide the 3 weeks into 7 days in each word. 
This week starts off with "Renew".

If I defined "renew" before reading or checking a dictionary,
I would have gone the easy route, and said:
"re" is a prefix meaning "again"
so I just would have said
to make new again
which is a
good place to start
2021

*At the end of this week's prayers I have shared the 
KJV Dictionary Definition
and the word
RENEW
is linked to
Bible Hub
(between prayer for day 1 & day 2)

PRAYERS

Day 1-7

Spirit of Prayer "Dear Heavenly Father, we pray that Your Holy Spirt and Your glory will fill our hearts as we set out these next 21 days in prayer. Help me to be open to hear from You and be sensitive to the Holy Spirit’s voice in my life. Lead me and guide me as I will be renewed, rebuilt and restored through my prayers. I ask this in Jesus' name, Amen." (day 1) shared yesterday

RENEW

"Dear Heavenly Father, today I submit myself to be renewed every day. I regret my past mistakes and I ask You to forgive me of my sins and come into my heart and dwell in me. In Jesus name, I pray, Amen."

"Dear Loving Father God, I pray for the forgiveness of my sins and help me to have a heart that is open to listen to You when it convicts me of repentance of my sins. I ask for a repentant heart like David and the renewing of Your spirit within me. Amen."

"Father in heaven, I come before You today with a decision to trust You and You alone in everything. In my weakness, Your grace is sufficient. Through You, I can do anything, help me set my eyes on Jesus in whom I am made righteous, perfect and a conqueror. Help me to run my race with the strength that comes from You in Jesus' name, Amen."

"Lord, I pray that You will renew my heart and help me to repent from where I have fallen. Restore my hunger for Your word during these days of prayer in Jesus' name, Amen."

"Dear Loving Father God, I ask that I am not conformed to the ways of the world and that my mind is transformed and renewed to become acceptable to You and to follow Your will. Amen."

"Father, thank You for the call in my life. I am called to make a difference and not to be conformed to this world. As a Christ follower, help me to understand that I am called into a greater commitment, to be transformed in my mind to see things the way You see it and help me to reflect Christ's love to this world. Help me set out and make a difference in my family and to the community in Jesus' name, Amen.  "

The word renew means:

Give fresh life or strength to, revive, regenerate, revitalise, reinvigorate, restore, breathe new life into, resurrect, resuscitate, awaken! 

The process of your mind's renewal takes intentional effort, by choosing to wash your mind in God's Word and truth, but its rewards are life and peace!


renew RENEW', v.t. L. renovo; re and novo, or re and new.

1. To renovate; to restore to a former state, or to a good state, after decay or depravation; to rebuild; to repair.

Asa renewed the altar of the Lord. 2Chron. 15.

2. To re-establish; to confirm.

Let us go to Gilgal and renew the kingdom there. 1Sam. 11.

3. To make again; as, to renew a treaty or covenant.

4. To repeat; as, to renew expressions of friendship; to renew a promise; to renew an attempt.

5. To revive; as, to renew the glories of an ancestor or of a former age.

6. To begin again.



May this spiritual journey strengthen you and fill you with God’s presence in your life. Let's renew our spirit, mind and strength!





1 comment:

  1. On February 8, another YV plan gave me the part I added in this post on what renew means (before the boxed definition) and now I add the prayer here from (Seeking Him) 8. Jesus, I thank You for Your unconditional love towards me. I allow You to renew my mind and give fresh strength to my life. Amen.

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy