"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Sunday, February 14, 2021

Prayers to RESTORE

  ... Renew, Rebuild, Restore ...


In the middle of this week, it's Ash Wednesday, the beginning of the 40 days of Lent, leading up to Holy Week & Resurrection Sunday (commonly called Easter, but no longer do I refer to this major significant day in my spiritual calendar as that - hard to find cards or ecards without it). Whereas, Advent is our time to prepare our hearts for Jesus' coming/return; Lent is also a time of preparing our hearts through repentance & returning to Jesus by setting time aside for reflection & spiritual discipline/self-denial, which in my opinion is the essence of the process of these 3 R's:to RENEW, REBUILD, RESTORE with adding: to REPENT. You would not want to RENEW, RESTORE or REBUILD if you first have not REPENTED. Too many of us, no longer see the need to repent - we have come to think we're not the one God wants to change or that we are right & justify not admitting when we're wrong. This takes humility in our humanity.


Let's start out again with the
DEFINITION of RESTORE

"Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary:
1. (v. t.) To bring back to its former state; to bring back from a state of ruin, decay, disease, or the like; to repair; to renew; to recover.

2. (v. t.) To give or bring back, as that which has been lost., or taken away; to bring back to the owner; to replace.

3. (v. t.) To renew; to reestablish; as, to restore harmony among those who are variance.

4. (v. t.) To give in place of, or as satisfaction for.

5. (v. t.) To make good; to make amends for.

6. (v. t.) To bring back from a state of injury or decay, or from a changed condition; as, to restore a painting, statue, etc.

7. (v. t.) To form a picture or model of, as of something lost or mutilated; as, to restore a ruined building, city, or the like.

8. (n.) Restoration. "


There seems to be 10 different Greek and 10 different Hebrew words are used for RESTORE or variants.


Prayers to RESTORE

Day 15 "Restored life in Christ"
Ezekial 37:1-14
"Lord, I pray that You will restore my lost hope and future. Just as You promised to the people of Israel, “I have spoken, I have done it”, help me to hold on to Your promises and to Your word. I receive Your restoration in Jesus' name, Amen."

16 "Restoration through praying together"
James 5:16
"Dear Heavenly Father, I thank that You have given us the ability to pray to You, help us not to underestimate the power of the privilege to pray with and for one another at times of confession. Thank You for the restoration that this brings. Amen."

17
Matthew 16:18
"Lord Jesus, I understand that though Peter wanted to stand for You, he denied at a time of trouble, but he deeply repented for it. You graciously brought him back to the right track and restored his ministry with the help of the Holy Spirit. So, I need Your strength to stand for You and follow Your plan in my life. Please restore my spiritual life. In Jesus' name, Amen."

18 "Restoration from shame"
John 4:14
"Thank You that You can restore us from feelings of shame and that You have time for us. Thank You that through the power of Your spirit we can be changed and have a desire to live our lives in a way that pleases You. Give us a thirst for You and may Your Holy Spirit fall afresh on us today."

19 "Restoration through love & forgiveness"
Job 42:10
"Dear Heavenly Father, please give me a heart of forgiveness and a heart to love others as You have loved me. In the loving and gracious name of Jesus, I pray, Amen."

20 "The Restorative Power of the Bible"
John 8:31-32
"Dear Father God, I thank You that I have scriptures to change and direct my life, I am sorry that I do not place enough importance on spending time in Your Word on a regular basis. Lord, please help me to realign my priorities in the future. Amen "

21 "Restore your worship"
Psalm 22
"Lord, I pray that You will restore my heart of worship today. There have been so many times I have allowed my worldly worries and situation set the tone of my worship, but today helped me to change that, and may my worship set the tone of my response to the situational problems of my life. As David says, the Kingdom is Yours and You rule over all, come and reign over my life in Jesus' name, Amen."



RENEW
was the first week

then
REBUILD
last week



I believe the Rainbow holds God's Promises to

RENEW, REBUILD & RESTORE

so I will begin

during

LENT

"... to RENEW my STRENGTH ..."

'though I may be or grow

tired or weary

'though I may stumble or fall

my hope is always

in the Lord

so

I will wait to find 

HIS STRENGTH

in 
2021
 and 
I will be strengthened
in
J
E
S
U
S


Enjoy a Happy












1 comment:

  1. Trying another way to comment as I am truly loving this series of posts. Yes, Lord, restore!

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy