"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Friday, December 31, 2021

MY FAVORITE VERSES on STRENGTH part 2

Yesterday I shared my Favorite verse Isaiah 40:31, plus 12 more and today I'm sharing the last 12 that I have chosen on STRENGTH, although there are still more. 

*

These seem to be the ones I keep going back to renew my mind & renewing STRENGTH. In fact, that is the title of a complex but very thorough sermon by Charles Spurgeon on Isaiah 40:31 - well worth the read - theologically he covers so much of what I have not. But there's no way that I could ever come close to summarizing what he wrote, or any of the others that I read. I have spent time this last week, looking at much of what I've read & saved on STRENGTH. I realized that there is still so much I did not share or cover. That's the way it seems to be with our One Word each year. It's just a start of what God places on our heart & He keeps on pouring into us each day as we surrender to Him & seek Him & His Word first. All I know is the more we lean in to listen & focus on that One Word, His Word becomes more relevant to our daily life & STRENGTHENS us.

{I really hope that this first verse becomes my mantra as I continue forward in Christ's STRENGTH in a new & more powerful dependence on Him & the Holy Spirit as 2022 brings new challenges and new One Words to guide us.}


“She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come." Proverbs 31:25  NIV


"The Sovereign Lord is my strength; He makes my feet like the feet of a deer, He enables me to tread on the heights." Habakkuk 3:19 NIV

"The Lord is my strength and my defense; He has become my salvation." Psalm 118:14 NIV

"This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says: "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it." Isaiah 30:15 NIV

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had.” Romans 15:5

"Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong." 1 Corinthians 16:13


" But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
2 Corinthians 12:9

"That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:10


"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power." Ephesians 6:10

"I can do all this through Him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

"But the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one." 2 Thessalonians 3:3


A Prayer for Strength
Dear God, You promise to be with me and to give me strength when I feel weak. I come to You today ready for Your hand to guide me and Your peace to comfort me. I feel so burdened by the anxieties and struggles but I choose today to trust You. I give up trying to control things on my own and I pray for a stronger faith. Amen.


*

On this last day of 2021, I pray you find or found STRENGTH to meet your daily need(s) and know better the One who gives you the STRENGTH you lack. I'm sure when I ended my Tuesday post with this:

Wishing You & Your Loved Ones 
a Blessed & Happy New Year in
2022!

May you find & have all the
STRENGTH
you need in Jesus
to SOAR like
an eagle

💓

... you thought I was done & closing for the year; quite frankly, I thought so too, yet God kept speaking and I needed to somehow write on ... I hope you found the additional posts beneficial. 


God Bless and keep you healthy, wise in Him and deeply in love with pursuing God through His Word and your One Word into a brighter tomorrow. As with any RELATIONSHIP, it takes commitment & communication on both parts, time well spent together, listening & receiving the best from each other. Looking forward to more of this in 2022 and a Lifetime of growing closer! (with God and others in Christ Jesus), I remain ~ Peggy


* the images used today are some photos from my room (except the last one), just to reinforce how I surrounded myself with Eagle power & soared through 2021 & to confirm that it's true what I wrote about my fascination with the Eagle. It's too bad that the Bible Hub does not include TPT, MSG & The Voice but Bible Gateway has them & many others.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy