"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Sunday, April 16, 2023

JESUS, the MIRACLE WORKER (16)

If ever I (we) need(ed) JESUS, the MIRACLE WORKER - it is now and has been most of 2023

I have a feeling that it's not just me, or my family; but many of us that have, and are facing battles, and daily struggles are mounting in our lives at a rapid rate, seemingly increasing each and every day. So let's call on our Miracle Worker - JESUS, to turn our lives around.

This week, we come to JESUS, the Miracle Worker - as "The Great Empathizer" and HE IS!


Section Three: 

Jesus, the Miracle Worker

11. A Man of Marvels
12. Crisis Manager
13. Captain of My Ship
14. A Miraculous Multiplier
15. A Leader Worth Following

16. The Great Empathizer
17. The Divine Ophthalmologist
18. Spiritually Sovereign

#16. The Great Empathizer

The definition of "EMPATHIZER" is exemplified in JESUS but here is what one source says"

Being an empathizer means you are able to easily identify and understand others' thoughts and emotions. You have a natural ability to detect others' intentions and emotions, even when they are being hidden from you

JESUS

definitely is ONE who

"empathizes with; identifies with, understands, relates to, feels for, sympathizes with; has rapport withfeels at one with, IS on the same wavelength"

as Free Dictionary defines

When no one else seems to "empathize" in my world with me, I know I can go to

JESUS

It is so much easier to relate with JESUS as our Great Empathizer but I'm sure that He is/was this in His earthly days too and is asking us to do this more in the times in which we live. Sadly, I see the complete opposite happening in my personal life and in our nation. More and more this consumes me with such a heartache for people & their souls and the spiraling direction we are going, further from Christlike qualities every day are being shown - less compassion and understanding; more evil, injustices & violence being accepted as the norm.

This week of the 52 Weeks, I will be focusing on JESUS and hoping to learn some great lessons on the MIRACLE needed in this world of EMPATHIZING with others as JESUS does. The scriptures for this week center on Mark 2:1-12; Mark 9:14-29; Romans 3:9-20; Romans 5:1-11; Hebrews 4:14-16.

The segments (subtitles) for this part of the MIRACLE WORKER are:

"Divine Excitement" ["Jesus gets excited when He sees our faith."]

"Faith to Approach Jesus" Mark 2:4 NLT; Mark 2:5

"An Unlikely Remedy"

"God Shows His Faithfulness" Mark 2:12 MSG

"Why I am a Christian"


LORD, I believe that You can use me to bring people to You.

Use me, this week, to meet people's deepest  needs.


This Week's Question
[I think this is the first time I have shared this part of the devotion]

Day to day,

are you more keenly aware of your

pressing need

or

your primary need?


"Jesus Christ is not remote, detached, and disinterested, nor insulated and isolated from our lives. He knows our frame; He knows that we are but dust. He can see in us a reflection of what He experienced as a man. He can thus extend mercy to us, completely understanding what we are going through." John W. Ritenbaugh


"4 Characteristics of Christlike Empathizers: Empathy is Biblical, part 8"


Perhaps this empathy and compassion are the greatest factors that draw me toward

JESUS

<>


As I restart doing these blog posts again online, I began to think and ask myself why do I do them ahead of reading the 5 segments of the week? (instead of after I've read what the author says). Now would be (or would have been) the appropriate time to switch them to the after. 

My only answer was because Week 16 - is the one that I'm reading this particular week. So I was thinking about a repost AFTER perhaps if there are any new  outstanding, personal insights. When I do these blog posts ahead (BEFORE reading), I don't look ahead to give you what the author writes, which means that this way, I don't take away from my  actual reading of them each day; and I refrain from too much being shared  from the book & possibly infringing on copyright. I really try not to do that at all but you never know. By doing it BEFORE, you get my own ideas and thoughts ahead of reading. As you can tell, I've decided to continue sharing on the week that I'm reading. However, you could also get the book & read along with me.😉💙😏 

Harvest House Publishers sent me weekly snippets of these devotionals and recently sent me another opportunity to read "52 Weeks Through the Bible" also by James Merritt (which I think I just clicked on it & signed myself up for it unintentionally - because I was hoping to share the offer somehow with you) but I clicked on Sign Me Up rather than To Learn More. The links I've put here are for you to add your email if you're interested. I'm not sure how I was added at first. I did 100 prayers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy