"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Sunday, June 4, 2023

JESUS, the Storyteller (23)



In Section Four, we read about

JESUS

the Storyteller

with

A Better Financial Planner

23. A Better Financial Planner 6/4
24. The God of Tomorrow        6/11
25. The Life of the Party          6/18
26. A Hospitable Host              6/25
27. The Object of Our Worship7/2
28. The Grace Giver                7/9
29. Discerner of the Heart       7/16
30. A Divine Divider                 7/23

Before you read on
think about which
Parable
might James Merritt
be writing about with this title of

A Better Financial Planner

Clearly it's a Parable about our finances 

You can look at the Parables from Matthew (in #22) or those from Luke (in #21)
in my last two blog posts where I listed them to help you choose

then the Challenge is to go to the Comments & share your guess
before reading more of today's post
so


make your choice of which Parable you think it might be

GO
to the comments & share your guess

then come back and continue

<><><>

I look forward to gaining wisdom from Jesus & this Parable.

Although I am sure I have read this Parable many times,

I rarely made mental note of these points as

planning better financial matters. 

I just so happened to 'google' this title 

which gave me "5 Traits of Successful Financial Advisors"

among other financial points yet I think JESUS probably is the BEST

FINANCIAL PLANNER


Just in case you may need to know  these traits; they are: 
1) Passion for financial planning & wealth management; 
2) deep Analytical ability; 3) Professional salesmanship;
4) putting a Client's interest first; 5) Curiosity 
Thank you Investopedia!

Truthfully, I don't have enough finances to warrant this kind of management
yet no matter how much or what we have - Kingdom building calls for us
to be financially responsible, plan and manage according to the 
principles that JESUS teaches us
throughout His Word but
especially in the Parables


However, let me clue you in on the first point James Merritt tells us that the
reflections from this Parable & readings are not just for the RICH
then he lets us know
"we are richer than we think"

Let me give you the Scripture readings for this week:

Luke 12:13-21; Romans 12:9-13; 2 Corinthians 9:6-15; 1 Timothy 6:6-10; James 2:1-7

and these are the subtitles/segments:

"How Do You See Your Wealth?"
"Secret Wanting"
"Be Content with What You Have"
"Foolish Thinking"
"Be Conscious of Where You are Going"


"Lord, thank You for meeting my needs. I agree that what is mine is Yours - guide me as I give to those who need  what I have."


I'm sure that you have heard or learned as I have how much better it is

TO GIVE

than

TO RECEIVE

Giving is an act of worship!

What a great reminder this is for every day

"20 Reasons Why It's More Blessed to Give than to Receive"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy