"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Monday, May 6, 2024

Focus: ARRIVE


The Weekly One Word is:

ARRIVE

"... For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways"
Psalm 91:11 NIV

God is following our every step through life to make sure that we arrive safely.

Although the One Word to focus on this week is

ARRIVE

and this is the verse given in the devotion

I think from the first paragraph

that the use of "arrive" is more aimed towards

purpose, goals, achievement

because of the parts written about self-evaluation

and (unrealistic) expectations
 
 "... we tend to be extremely hard on ourselves."...

Ain't that the truth?

After this the author explains our "idealized self" vs. "actual self" and 

"comparing where we are at to where we wish we were".

As I began to think about this and the One Word,

I kept thinking about when kids are traveling 

in the car on a road trip and continue asking:

"are we there yet? how long 'til we arrive?"

as impatience grows and you often have not 

even gotten that far yet (maybe just down the driveway)

but certainly not even close to your destination.

Cleere Cherry Reaves writes:

"... makes us feel as though we are truly never progressing. We become consumed with the destination, and all we want to do is arrive."

I'm felt this way often throughout my life.

I say that I am a 'work in progress'

but I'll be the first to tell you that my progress 

and the process sometimes has felt like

it's not really true, that I have not really made

sufficient progress in my life at being better, 

at being more Christ-like, at getting rid of that old me,

and truly putting on the new me;

Like I have been stuck in the same rut before in this life.

Will I ever learn? Will I ever be what I say I believe?

Will I ever stop doing what I know is not right?

the same old, same old

You know what they call people like that: crazy

The actual saying is:

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

So am I doomed to repeat the same mistakes?

After a lifetime, it sure seems like I did (or do) far too often.

I guess I haven't arrived!

as the apostle Paul wrote in Romans 7:15-20.

But I'm guess that God is telling me that

I just have not yet learned that lesson,

that I still need to be pruned & refined even more

surrendered & crucify my fleshly ways.

<>

Let me skip that hamster wheel that I got on

instead of writing about the part that I meant to: 

"becoming consumed"

with my destination, which I believe to be heaven

"and all we want to do is ..."

ARRIVE

oh, when I read those words

with the part boxed below in blue after this

my spirit inside leapt with a hopeful joy

YES! AMEN, amen, amen!

With each passing day, this is truly what I want ...


"...What if we began to take this word arrive and see it in a new light - one that reminds us of how we have already arrived in the exact space Jesus needs us to be."... "Where must we arrive? At His feet. That is the only destination that we should concern our-selves with, knowing and believing ..." Cleere Cherry Reaves

 [the full context is not shared from the devo, but the blue part IS my favorite part]

TO ARRIVE

at that final destination

To sit at Jesus' feet!

I no longer want or feel content or

at home here

anywhere

Times have changed, everything is so cruel.

But am I ready? have I done all I needed to do? is my mission over?

Oh, I haven't even changed and progressed as much as I should have?

Realizing my future home is not at all based on me or what I've done.

Only because of JESUS!

I'll ARRIVE

I thought that perhaps my heart & soul were way off

about this from the devotional

until I read this final statement of this devotional

"Let's release perfection & pursue excellence until we ARRIVE at our permanent home."

and I could have just cried

(in fact, I fought and right now fight back the tears that welled up from inside)

"There is a place that I long for more with every passing minute"

oh Jesus

Come!


I can hardly wait to

ARRIVE

<>

These are the other scripture verses for Cleere Cherry Reave's 

ARRIVE

this week:

Psalm 119:105; Judges 18:5-6; Job 23:10; all in NIV

Ecclesiastes 3:1 NASB

Remember

this Thursday is

ASCENSION

THURSDAY

😉

{we never know}

😇⛅



2 comments:

  1. I agree that the final statement from the book is one that will speak deeply to anyone who reads it. No matter how long we may have believed it to be true, this seems like the affirmation many have been waiting for so long. Our pitiful attempts at perfection, that were never asked of us, are an unnecessary burden that the Lord calls us to release to Him. The pursuit of excellence, however, is something every child of God desires to present their loving Father....not as works to try and buy what can’t be bought but as a loving commitment to the One who gave His all for us. How could we not give our best back to Him?

    The next to the last paragraph in the book tells us how to accomplish that. Study God’s Word and make His truth be the standard for Your life. Recognize the authority you have as a child of God. CHOOSE TO PRACTICE JOY IN EVERY STEP OF THE JOURNEY! And finally from the author's words: “ Remember that you are not behind, because God is always on time. Remind your soul that you are not aimless, because God uses everything for our good and His glory.”

    Amen, amen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a profound message that you have expounded on from such an excellent One Word devo on ARRIVE & even our JOY! My soul delights when you share! "God is always on time" is so hard for our minds to grasp when we seem to be waiting for so long but knowing this truth & remembering this as we wait for that moment to ARRIVE! You are so right - "how could we not give our best back to Him?" which is really overwhelming yet such a beautiful conviction - not towards perfection or "pursuit of excellence" but something our hearts compel us to do our best & leave the rest to a faithful & so loving Father that gave His best to us - through His Son Jesus - His forgiveness, His mercy, His enduring
      love & aMazing grace; such a redeeming & resurrecting power! I'm so blessed by sharing this with you, sis! Worthy is He and worthy to be praised forever and ever to His Glory! Amen!

      Delete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy