"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Sunday, May 5, 2024

PAUSES... Week 6 Ascension Thursday

This 6th Week
is an important week
as we draw closer to
Pentecost


because

Ascension Thursday

is this week.

On this Thursday, it will be the 40th day

since Jesus Resurrection Day

(known as Easter to most)

and the feast day celebrated as the day 

Jesus

ascended into heaven

40 days since He rose from the grave.

John 3:13

confirms that "No one has ascended

into heaven except He (the One) who descended

from heaven, the Son of Man."

the Son of God - Jesus!

10 days from Thursday

will be

Pentecost

On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: "Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about. For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit."

The Ascension (verses 6-9)

Then they gathered around him and asked him, "Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?" He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight. 

Acts 1:4-9 NKJV


Sixth Week of Eastertide
Day 36: Power      1 Corinthians 2:4-5
Day 37: Water       John 7:38
Day 38: Drunk       Ephesians 5:18
Day 39: Listen       Revelation 3:6
Day 40: Withdrew (Ascension)
                              Luke 24:51 *
Day 41: All             Ephesians 4:10
Day 42: Kneel        Ephesians 3:14-15

The One Word "Withdrew" is not used in the verse given from Luke 24:51. In the devotion of the book, near the end, this is beautifully described as a "goodbye moment" - one that many of us can relate to with the loss of a loved one; and it's written as an encouragement to each of us through the disciples experience with Jesus' leaving again.
 
..."His Ascension is the final confirmation of His victory over evil and death. He WITHDRAWS, but from now on His loving & consoling presence will not be localized to one geographical spot. His living presence is now freely & infinitely available to every human being everywhere for all time." ...

[WITHDREW is the past tense of Withdraw]

"Luke tells us that when Jesus WITHDREW from them
"they worshipped Him and returned to Jerusalem 
with great joy." (Luke 24:52)

Let's celebrate with the same joy

this

Ascension Thursday

even perhaps with tears in our eyes of goodbye, 
we know the truth revealed in the above box quote
that His Living Presence is now freely with us
and available now & forever

<><><>

All of the One Words 

this week are powerful preludes to

Pentecost 

starting with the actual One Word 

POWER

for today from the apostle Paul, 

one who definitely experienced the Spirit's 

POWER

"My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power. 1 Corinthians 2:4-5

a wonderful encouragement for our faith

resting on God's power

<><><>

"Heavenly Father, forgive me for the times that I have sought to do things in my own strength or tried to use my own powers of persuasion to lead others to Christ. Help me to share the truth of the gospel of grace, simply and truthfully, as led by the Spirit of God, so that my faith and theirs may be founded on the truth and not influenced by worldly rhetoric, to Your praise and glory. This I ask in Jesus' name, AMEN."

🙏 




2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. ... and what can I say to this? Thank you, sis! May His Power & continual Spirit filling be ours - so I, too, add my Amen - God's Living in us & through us & not withdrawing His Spirit from us! I'm so thankful as I count these 50 days (40 days until Ascension plus 10 more until Pentecost) more than ever before - focusing toward this Pentecostal moment has deepened my faith & your encouragement blesses me always!

      Delete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy