HERE IS MY MONTH OF THANKS that I WROTE DAILY what I WAS THANKFUL FOR FROM THAT DAY THROUGHOUT THE MONTH OF NOVEMBER!
THANK YOU LORD JESUS...I WILL CONTINUE
30. NEW LIFE! First, my life made new in Christ. And then, my sister wrote me and told me that my niece (her daughter) is expecting. So, my sister will finally be a "gramma"...she's waited long enough. Need prayers for my niece & this new baby for all to go well with arrival date next July. Praise God! Thank You, Lord ...for the gift of new life!
29. Simple things in life...water, air, toilets, transportation, feet to walk, hands to hold, eyes to see, ears to hear, smell (but not at the dumpsite or certain other foul smells) taste:TO TASTE & SEE HOW GOOD THE LORD IS & HAS BEEN & WILL BE
28. Some of my favorite things: Dr. Pepper ... licorice(red) ... rutabaga & cranberry sauce ... raspberry jam or coffeecake...
27. Memories of family times gathered together at Thanksgiving & Christmas with an unbelieveable spread of GREAT food prepared by my mom! Heaven bless her!
Not one of my Thanksgiving meals that I ever tried to make compares but I know it was made with LOVE and desire to create family times. For love of family~no matter what~even if times were not always perfect or "heavenly", my dad provided well for us and we lived comfortably & well fed...perhaps there were not healthy moments, perhaps there were conflicts and disagreements, but there was always
LOVE & provision and GOD in the center of our lives.
LOVE & provision and GOD in the center of our lives.
26. MY SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST (EMMANUEL~"GOD WITH US")
MY HEAVENLY FATHER(ABBA) and THE GIFT of THE HOLY SPIRIT...
THEIR EVERLASTING LOVE & both earthly LIFE and heavenly ETERNAL LIFE
25. modern conveniences that I use to have back home in MN but learning how to make due on less here in Mexico...though I have a microwave...I don't have a stove with an oven to do a turkey...but I'm even thankful for my mini-fridge...my 2 grill stovetop...my fan & AC...my stereo(even if it does not recognize my CD to play it & I just fixed it)...and a new contraption I have for my large water bottle that tips so I don't have to...and my water heater with gas tank now though it's not lit yet(but no water most afternoons anyways)when I need a shower.
How I long for a warm bathtub to soak in & relax! Maybe I need a treat and go to the Holiday Inn!
24. never having to live in a jail or prison so far,(I already mentioned FREEDOM before)but I'm talking about being locked up though sometimes people outside of "jail" are in more bondage & have less freedom and live in captivity...(this gratitude is after visiting the jail/prison here which is a horrendous place, definitely not ministry that I'd be interested in doing on a regular basis, so I'm thankful for the people that do go and minister to the prisoners both here in Mexico & USA). This does make me remember I time that I was locked up for 2 weeks but that's a whole 'nother story that I find not helpful to talk about or even remember. But it's the afterwards, living not locked up but fearing that happening again or not being in control of it & dreading the entire experience and the continual impact and driving force within to never be in a place like that! I can't even imagine being imprisoned for my faith as many are suffering in these days. Thank You Jesus...watch over our brothers & sisters that are not allowed to live in freedom to worship You! Surround them with heavenly angels & protection. Be there in their time of great need!
23. the AIR I BREATHE (spiritually & physically)...and a good Sunday of BIBLE TEACHING /PREACHING! I am so blessed!
22. BOOKS & MOVIES or movies made from great books for children & adults!
21. Children (especially the precious little Mexican faces every morning at the "Desayunadores" Children's Feeding Centers).
20. Women BIBLE studies, on line and in person, conferences, retreats, seminars ...any opportunity to GROW together in our Christian life with sisters & BE the Woman of God that He purposes and calls us to encourage & bear one another in love (I discovered another resource)
19. GOD's PROVISION, GRACE & MERCIES new each day!
18. WATER: Bottled water here because when I open the spigot of my faucets in the bathroom or kitchen and see brown running water, it's clear I need a filter or bottled water for more than drinking. Back home in MN, fresh, cold, pure. clean well water flows out of every faucet & is drinkable. Much like the LIVING WATER that comes from reading the Word of God daily that flows from your mouth & bursts forth from His Spirit. Viewing Water: I love to gaze out upon the Pacific Ocean or Sea of Cortez & marvel at God's reflection~it brings such peace and calm.
I missed the truck that comes by selling & delivering the bottled water on Monday and I was here, so that makes WATER a real necessity and I appreciate water more here than I ever did when I lived in USA. When I viewed that video in my WINTER post, I knew what a treasure WATER is & why!!!
17. Lakewood Community Church in Houston, Texas & their Worship leaders being on line on Saturday night & then the Spanish Speaking Service on Sunday with Marcos Witt especially
15. WORSHIP with TSMSS & #1 LINDA & also SHARON B who are doing this Challenge
14. My HUSBAND that supports me & for our adopted grown-up kids:Vinny & Tracy & their children
13. ALL MY FAMILY at HOME with JESUS: Mom, Dad, Gary and all the rest of my loved ones in my family & friends
12. MY SISTER, Carol & BROTHER, Dick that are still alive and their kids:Tinah, Amy, Aron, Andrea & her son Guy
11. MY COUSINS esp. Pam, Carrie & Kim
10. MY FAMILY of DOGS: Bravo, Chimi, Chiqui, Chispa, Toby and Lucky back home in MN
9. MY BLOG FRIENDS
8. SHELTER as a nice rental home
7. DAILY MANNA & food
5. THE PRIVILEGE TO KNOW JESUS my entire life & His gift of SALVATION
4. GOD'S WORD~HIS LOVE LETTER TO ME~THE BIBLE in English & Spanish
3. CHURCH FAMILY here in Mexico but mostly back home in MN~my PASTORS & those that know me from RLC~Pastor Mike & Sandi, Pastor Dale & Barb, Pastor Irene & Marv, Pastor James & Lisa & staff ~REDEEMING LOVE CHURCH~You're the BEST!!!
2.BETH, who writes me emails faithfully and sends me songs & even mailed me two books & a CD
1. LINDA @ Mocha with Linda for explaining how I can do this Giving Thanks Challenge in my sidebar! I could not get the list to line up so I had to move it here.