"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Friday, April 19, 2024

FORGIVENESS ...

         📧 ✉️ 📧 📨 📧 📩 📧 ✉️ 📧 📨 📧 📩 📧 ✉️ 📨

Oh my goodness. I am being bombarded this week with "FORGIVENESS" everywhere, but especially in my emails. In fact, I went back and looked at my blog posts, finding that many are in the "drafts" posts and the many times that I have written on FORGIVENESS. I thought if I chose one to publish again that it would appear here in 2024, but it didn't. So the one I opened and chose to re-publish is back (I think) where it was originally published on November 10, 2010. 
It's the only post that shows right now in my Archives for November of 2010 since I drafted them. 2010 was a very heavy & difficult year for me, and I don't even remember much about it. Mostly a blur for me! I was looking for FORGIVENESS blog posts, one in particular, but for now, this one will do. You need not read the entire bottom green & blue print portion, and many of the links probably won't work. S.O. stands for Stormie Omartian. I will continue looking through my drafts. This was part of a series: Secret Garden. 

Actually, I encountered one of the past ones back in 2009 that I was thinking of sharing. But it needs to remain in "draft" (sorry). I'm still looking for the other one about my father's final letter to us that included his FORGIVENESS for me. Maybe you recall that one. * I FOUND IT back in September of 2009 and republished it also.

[image credit: Bible com YV plan]

God is speaking

FORGIVENESS

to many I guess right now

The ones that I received in my emails were all wonderful but I only am directing you to the articles written so far this week by Christine Wyrtzen at "Daughters of Promise". And oh how I'd love to be able to 'borrow' her beautiful painting on April 16, 2024 with the most current devotional by her. I will only link to each one since April 10th until today, April 16th, but I think she will continue these, at least this week (so I may add those also and link to her blog).

I believe that April 10th is the best place for me to begin:


{the one for April 11th is good but not actually on Forgiveness, so I'm skipping listing it}

The next one is from April 12th (which is the day that I noticed the theme of FORGIVENESS appearing) and then it continues for each day. This one caught my eye & that's what started my search through my own blog posts. Because I couldn't agree more & needed this reminder


I think it might be better to read each one separately and allow yourself time to soak in her words. If I had known, I would have posted each one as I received in my email, which gave me the opportunity to do this that way - one at a time. But if you're crunched for time just go to her blog and keep reading one after the other from the most recent, scrolling down. Or better yet just subscribe, if you haven't already. That way, you will get the future ones too.


I think this is my favorite (so far):

"Forgiveness is Allowing God to be King"


UPDATE of ADDITIONAL POSTS

"Forgiveness is Not Toleration of the Offense"

"Forgiveness is Not Forgetting"

"Forgiving is Not Excusing"

April 22, 2024

Christine Wyrtzen continues posting on
FORGIVENESS

"Forgiveness is not 'necessarily' Being 
Free of Anger"

[please continue reading these at her website]

<><><>


[image credit: Pastor Rick's Daily Hope]

Here are a couple more of the other FORGIVENESS emails that just came this week:

Daily Hope with Pastor Rick Warren "Why You Should Always Choose Forgiveness

Your Daily Prayer: "A Prayer for the Strength to Forgive(there was another prayer back on April 5th too) "A Prayer for When You Don't Feel Like Forgiving"

Even my devotional book for this year:

"Jesus, Calm my Heart"

shared quite a few on

FORGIVE and FORGIVENESS


"Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you." Colossians 3:13 night 100

"...Shower us Lord with the sweetness of Your FORGIVENESS"...

"... Bring healing and FORGIVENESS..."

[image credit: winnipeg free press]

🙏

{that's my favorite!}

"... Your FORGIVENESS is
like sweet, sweet honey on my lips 
(yes, it is) 
Like the sound of a symphony to my ears 
It's like Holy Water"
song

<>

One more article (from a year ago) before I go

"Lessons in Forgiveness and Flourishing"

There's so much available online about

FORGIVENESS

but this is

what

stood out in my week

besides our


Let me know if you like anything special from these

FOCUS

on

FORGIVENESS

[Lent was certainly a time when this was written about much by Living Compass]

{they started out with "The Why... & are listed on the right archive sidebar if you need help with 
FORGIVENESS}

<><><>

I added another post by Christine Wrytzen

(if she continues to share on FORGIVENESS I will add, so please check back)

and

* found another one of my blog posts from long ago

THE FINAL ACT & LETTER of FORGIVENESS

(about my dad's final letter)


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the great links! I'll have to check them out at a later time, but I did go to the one on your dad's letter. Oh, my, it was as touching and tender as when I read about it years ago! Such a treasured gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just as your comment back then warmed my heart, once again I thank you for taking your time to read & let me know with your touching words. I read your words there & here & clearly know why you're my treasured sister & friend - you're my gift & your loving words touch my heart all the time. Much to read, but Christine's messages are clear & concise, and gifted as well. Must be that sweet southern tea & spirit in your state that you 2 share! 🤗

      Delete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy