"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Monday, April 29, 2024

Focus: on the One Word for this Week

but

"... SEEK first His Kingdom... "

"Give your entire attention ..."
(MSG)


The One Word for this week rhymes
(with week)
it's

SEEK

"to search out by any method"
"to inquire or search carefully for something"
"to try to acquire or gain; to strive after"

<><><>

There are so many Bible verses with SEEK;
 but the one given is:

Ecclesiastes 3:1 

"For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven"

I'm sure many of you know or are familiar with a verse or two with "SEEK" and 
as you can see it's not in the NLT version above.

In fact, I didn't see "SEEK" in any of the versions;
[Voice; MSG; AMP; CEB; etc]
which is usually how this author does her devotions 
each week in her book
"Focus: How One Word a Week
Will Transform Your Life"
 - verses without the One Word in them -
but I assure you that the devotion focuses on that One Word

However, there are no shortage of verses with

"SEEK"

and
Cleere Cherry Reaves (author)
will definitely show us how to focus and
"SEEK"
through her message

[Note: I don't generally read her devotional for the week ahead of sharing these blog posts. I may make an exception in this case. I often read & reread throughout the week as I focus & read one of her scriptures given, sometimes in different versions. besides research & look for other Bible verses with the One Word for that week.]

"... Stillness with the Father. Through SEEKING what Jesus wants for our lives, we are able to release some of the pressure ..."

"... As we SEEK Jesus and His Promises, we receive a true peace about what He asks us to release & what He commands us to hold" ... C. Cheery Reaves


The other verses that are given for this week are:

* Matthew 6:33 ESV

2 Corinthians 5:9 ESV

Luke 10:41-42 NLT 

Ephesians 5:15 NIV

* well-known verse that does have SEEK in it

<><><>

Since there are so many verses for 

"SEEK"

I will start out my One Word verses 
with this choice from:

Jeremiah 29:13

(which uses the One Word: SEEK)

then I will SEEK more of Jesus

(& read this week's devotion again😉)

"... SEEK & you will find ... "

{As I was closing this, one of our online local church services began singing this, 
so I had to share with the original singer}
(one of my favorites)



<>

I'm still SEEKING my RHYTHM from last week.

<>

2 comments:

  1. In the book, I loved the analogy(or metaphor??) of the glass balls and rubber balls! How many times through my life have I gotten my priorities wrong and dropped glass balls that were instead distractions that could have waited.

    This part spoke volumes to me and I will paraphrase: If we seek the Lord and His will, we surrender what is not ours to hold so we can keep priorities in check. When we make everything in life a top priority, then nothing really is. There is peace when we hold onto to those things with eternal impact in God's kingdom.

    May we remember Proverbs 3:5-6 and actively seek His will with wisdom and understanding!
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
    do not depend on your own understanding.
    Seek his will in all you do,
    and he will show you which path to take.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen so much! (sent email to explain). I appreciate the Proverbs 3:5-6 verse that you shared too and that we need to "actively SEEK His Will with wisdom & understanding" Amen!!! I'm grateful whenever you comment but especially when you share from the book we're doing & your understanding (& wisdom) with your own special & unique gift of writing - like I emailed about glass balls (break) vs. rubber balls (bounce) is my only take away.

      Delete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy