"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Saturday, April 13, 2024

ALL the PAUSES for Pentecost ... and the One Word that Got Me 4/13/24

A little late into the scheme of 50 days until Pentecost (not as of today - today, it's more like 14) from the Resurrection of Jesus Christ to His Ascension into Heaven to 10 days later to Pentecost, but I've decided that each Sunday I will only post the "Pauses for Pentecost" One Words for that week; and any other One Word(s) will be on other days in the week (probably Mon. for the FOCUS Word for the Week). Just to let you know. 😉 {actually me, to keep up}. I'm posting actually a day early (not Sunday and I think you'll understand why by the end). Then I might scratch these lines and repost this Sunday evening my regular time (6 pm). So next Sunday I'll start sharing Pauses for Pentecost on Sundays 6pm, because I'm leaving this here.

In fact, just in case you never followed the 50 days to Pentecost from Resurrection Sunday and did not (or were unable or not interested) to follow my recommendation to get your own copy of "Pauses for Pentecost..."; I will go one step further and list all 50 days of the One Words, but not the Scriptures until that week. The first 2 weeks are in my previous post here.


Pentecost Sunday will be May 19, 2024.

Third Week of Eastertide
Day 15: Put On
Day 16: Hovering
Day 17: Craft
Day 18: Where
Day 19: Abba
Day 20: Intercedes
Day 21: Fellowship 


Fourth Week of Eastertide
Day 22: Counselor
Day 23: Remind
Day 24: Testify
Day 25: Truth
Day 26: Anointed
Day 27: Love
Day 28: Body 


Fifth Week of Eastertide
Day 29: Desert
Day 30: Transformed
Day 31: Devout
Day 32: Dwell
Day 33: Guide
Day 34: Responsibility
Day 35: Encouragement 


Sixth Week of Eastertide
Day 36: Power
Day 37: Water
Day 38: Drunk
Day 39: Listen
Day 40: Withdrew (Ascension)
Day 41: All
Day 42: Kneel 

Seventh Week of Eastertide
Day 43: Face
Day 44: Room
Day 45: Wind
Day 46: Fire
Day 47: Tongues
Day 48: Saw
Day 49: Ask
Day 50: Pentecost (Pentecost Sunday)


{Sure hope that this works out on the regular calendar}


But it did not work out well for me this past week, that we just finished. Let me explain as best as I can about that One Word that got me. 

Having the One Word "Alive" last Thurs. followed by "RAISED" on last Friday were good One Words to reflect on, until I opened to the One Word for Sat. (which by coincidence was not good for me) because it was "DEATH". Only our Lord could get me through facing that One Word on this day. But you know, He knew. He certainly didn't plan it, yet He knew that April 13th was one day that I'd prefer not to look at "death" because it was my older brother's 75th birthday, the first birthday since his death last August (2023). Those of you who have lost a loved one might understand this "first" ... but I'll assume that most of you reading this that have lost "loved ones" knew that they had been walking with Jesus & surrendered their heart & life to Jesus, knowing their need of a personal Savior, etc. Yet, that's not how it is for my older brother. Of course, it's unknown and we can hope. But as far as I know he and Jesus were not close. He had no memorial service. I think he was just cremated and I have no knowledge of any more about him. He did not live in our home state, he had moved away to another state since I went to MX. He was in closer contact with my sister through these years, but even she does not know but believes the best - and that's that. Fortunately I had spoken with him quite a few times in 2023, unlike other years. Perhaps the scripture verses that annoyed him last year on his birthday card might have spoken to his heart when I couldn't. Hopefully, my prayers for him mattered. I will not know this side of Heaven and God knew that. 

Many people, probably have lost loved ones without knowing their spiritual history or condition at time of death. Many people might be reading this "Pauses for Pentecost" this year, or in previous years, I'm sure. So it's not a coincidence for others that April 13th, the One Word was "DEATH" like it was for me. It just happened, but for me, it's what I call a God-incidence. That God had a reason for me to reflect on "DEATH" on that day, his birthday, rather than the day he actually died in August. Death is final. Yes, it's said that some have died and come back to life and have "stories" to tell from stepping beyond and returning. I'm not here to debate those miracles or stories. The given verse for that day was no help. But God knew and in another reading, totally apart from this, I opened to read 1 Corinthians 15:54-57 and I kept reading in various versions. I even shared 3 pre-made verse images from Bible (dot) com - YouVersion. So God was preparing my heart the eve before with His Word.  Healing and comfort for those who know Jesus as Lord.

verse 55 

then

verse 57

But I'm left still to wonder yet not question ... and with hope believe that God is infinite and beyond all we can think, hope or imagine. I certainly don't want to box Him into my limited thinking. I think we all want to hold on to hope and God's mercy, beyond all we can possibly understand. As one grieves, or is numb to grief but laments the loss, it's difficult to grasp against what we have been taught or believe or even read, over and over - that's when hope and faith collide; and God's love shines a glimmer of even more love for anyone who's lost, that my love for a sibling, a spouse, a friend, a parent, a grandchild, any person who has not responded to the infinite, aMazing love of a Father, Son & Holy Spirit ... hoping to break the power of sin and death for each one, because it was won by Jesus; freely given so that none would perish. 

It's a daunting peril to think of anyone perishing. Yet God gives each human being a chance to choose and He already sacrificed His only begotten Son to make that possible. So what are we doing to reach that one soul that either has not chosen, or has not been given a chance because they live in a place we still have not reached, or because ... why? Why do they not choose to receive the free gift of salvation? I may never understand. However, I do know the heart of the Father, who loves so deeply! And He knows my heart & hears my 🙏




I cannot find what I was reading when I came across my reading of the 15th chapter of 1 Corinthians, because I was unaware of the importance yet my spirit knew that I needed God's Word to help me face the depths of the One Word for Saturday, April 13th and the finality of death. I wasn't searching last night for any Word of Comfort in these verses, not knowing what turning a page in a book would land me on for this day. All I do know is that God can use One Word - just One Word from His Word to breathe life and hope into a broken or hurting soul. Even before we know it, God knows, and He's there, and He's ready. 

Are you? Are you ready to allow God to use you to speak life into that one soul? It might be someone else's loved one. It might end up being their last chance. You might be that soul's hope for eternity, or for their loved one to know that they will see their loved one(s) again because of you. May God lead you and guide you to that someone, just like God led me here to prepare for this next week of Pentecost Pauses so that I might write about what's on my heart and in my mind as I recall a loved ones' death with the hope that there was one person who reached him before his death. I only share this with God, and now I've opened it up in a public blog post, hoping that God will save one more soul - somewhere.

Wishing with all of my heart that it was my someone. Praying God will give ...

CALM 

in the Storm

Serenity

that He grants

Peace & Comfort

for the souls

<>

May the departed

Rest in Peace

May God's perpetual Light

shine upon them with 

His mercy, forgiveness & grace

<><><>

Looking for a new 

One Word

for tomorrow!


{sorry for 2 in 1 day}

2 comments:

  1. I've read this post 3 or 4 times and each time I've gotten goosebumps reading about your God-incident! Only God knew what your heart and soul needed to hear...only God knew what you would share on you blog...only God knows who will read your words that give testimony to His love and grace...only God knows the eternal impact those words will have in the lives of others! The Lord is so good and loving and merciful! If it concerns His children, no matter something great or something seemingly small, it concerns Him. Thank you, Lord, for this hope in our heart, this peace in our soul and joy in our lives. We are truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my sis 💚 no one can touch my soul like you with your words - thank you! Blessed indeed!

      Delete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy