"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Wednesday, April 3, 2024

SCRIPTURES (to be, stay and keep) ALERT




"Offer prayers and petitions in the Spirit all the time. Stay ALERT by hanging in there and praying for all believers." CEB, Eph. 6:18



I'm still FOCUSing on ALERT, but I promise that this blog post will not be like "ALERT" or a few of my other recent ones, strictly scriptural. 😉 At least, I intend it to be. 

The book, FOCUS ... gives more than the main verse 1 Corinthians 16:13 BLB that I shared back on the 1st blog post for this week's One Word but the book's 4 scriptures do not contain the One Word: ALERT. The verses given are: 1 Peter 4:12; John 14:26; John 16:33; Proverbs 18:10 all in the ESV. I did share 2 additional ones in "ALERT" from The Voice (Luke 12:40) and Romans 5:3-5 from The Message (MSG); plus a Verse Image of 1 Peter 5:8-9 from Bible (dot) com - You Version. However, there are quite a few scripture verses with the One Word

ALERT

I've chosen a few to share:

Mark 13:33 "Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come. And since you don't know when that time will come, be on guard! Stay alert ... "

"

What I say to you I say to everyone, ‘Be on the alert [stay awake and be continually cautious]!’ ”

Mark 13:37, Amplified (AMP)

but as you may know - I love Word Studies

"Be persistent and devoted to prayer, being ALERT and focused in your prayer life with an attitude of thanksgiving." Colossians 4:2 AMP

"So be on your guard, not asleep like the others. Stay alert and be clearheaded." 1 Thessalonians 5:6 NLT

"Be constantly alert, and strengthen the things that remain, which were about to die; for I have not found your deeds completed in the sight of My God." NASB Revelation 3:2 

"
So remember what you received and heard. Obey it, and repent. If you are not alert, I will come like a thief, and you won't know the time when I will come to you." Revelation 3:3 International Standard Version (ISV)

"But keep ALERT at all times [be attentive and ready], praying that you may have the strength and ability [to be found worthy and] to escape all these things that are going to take place, and to stand in the presence of the Son of Man [at His coming].” "Luke 21:36 AMP

"Even if he comes in the second or third watch of the night and finds them alert, those servants will be blessed." Luke 12:38 Berean Standard Bible (BSB)

There are various ones in the Gospels, as you can see, but Matthew has these:

Matthew 24:42Matthew 24:43; Matthew 25:13

Also, there is one in Isaiah, Joshua; and a couple of the Psalms (17 & 127) with ALERT.

<>

In my search of The VOICE, there are 20 results with ALERT 
in some form of the actual word.

<>

I already shared a special one in "ALERT" but here's another favorite 
from the Old Testament (OT)

 "Remember, as you prepare to fight against us, that the True God is on our side and is leading us. His priests will blow the signal trumpets to alert Him that you are here to fight us, and He will rescue us from our enemies as He promised. O Israelites, God’s chosen people, do not fight against the Eternal One, the True God of your fathers, because you will not succeed." 2 Chronicles 13:12, The Voice

My search for ALERT in The Passion Translation (TPT)
has pages and some of the same as above, but many of the verses 
do not actually have the One WORD: ALERT

<>

Staying ALERT by

"... hanging in there and praying for all believers ..." CEB
{and even some non-believers still}

"Dear Jesus, thank You for the way You prepare my heart for what is ahead.
Help my mind to be ALERT and my feet ready for opposition and the unexpected;
may I respond rather than react. ..." p. 67 of FOCUS... by Cleere Cherry Reaves

<>

ALERT

biblically means

"to be ready, watching"

Staying spiritually

ALERT

(keeps us from being fearful)

in the power of the Spirit
(2 Timothy 1:7)

This has been my life verse since the mid 80s!

Topical Bible: ALERT

I choose to know or be aware of what's coming

being in God's Word

keeps me focused and

ALERT

<>

This is info for me
{started this blog post at 2:19pm and finished at 4:45pm}
takes me a little longer nowadays (lol)
I thought I might hold this for another day this week, but ...

All I need now is an acronym for ALERT
🤔


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy