"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Sunday, April 28, 2024

PAUSES... Week 5

Pentecost is getting closer 


There are

50 Days & Words 

between 

Resurrection Sunday & Pentecost

this week we're in the 5th week 

so there's 2 weeks after this

Fifth Week of Eastertide
Day 29: Desert* -                Matthew 4:1
Day 30: Transformed -       2 Corinthians 3:18 
Day 31: Devout -                Luke 2:25
Day 32: Dwell -                  Ephesians 3:16-17
Day 33: Guide -                 Isaiah 58:11
Day 34: Responsibility -    Acts 6:3-4
Day 35: Encouragement - Acts 4:36

* most versions use "wilderness"

DESERT found in CSV; DRB, GW, GNT, NAB, WNT in Matthew 4:1

from Day 29

" .. Is the Holy Spirit leading you into the "DESERT"?..."

"... the DESERT is the training ground of the Holy Spirit for those who want
to be faithful, effective, and competent in the rest of their lives."

The suggested Daily Practice (which this book has each day) 
has this for day 29:

"Carve out a DESERT moment of solitude.
Allow it to be a time when you can simply be alone with God & yourself. ..."



Since last week I wrote that I was looking forward to the One Words chosen (and they were very good), I quickly looked through this week's One Word Pauses and I thought, perhaps not as good as the ones from last week, until I started to look at them and their verses. Clearly, each One Word Pause is drawing us closer to a Pentecostal moment and empowering us.

from Day 30

"As people of faith, we constantly face the challenge of being credible to the people around us. In fact, it could be the greatest challenge facing us at the present moment of history. ... "

"... Is there any evidence that the Holy Spirit is TRANSFORMING our self- centered lives into a greater likeness of Christ? ..."

"... Constantly,
we need to remind ourselves that 
the Holy Spirit is the great
TRANSFORMER
We cannot stay the same." ...

"... a process of TRANSFORMATION that causes us 
to reflect the glory of Jesus ..."

{actually the entire devotional from that beginning line above to James 2:17 is transformative for me}

It reiterates that the reason for the "Daily Practice" at the end of each day 
after the meditation of the devotional are there 
to open our lives more widely to the 
TRANSFORMING
grace of the Spirit."

WOW!
Powerful words!

"Holy Spirit, make me like Jesus."

<>

So again, I look for a connection between the One Words and begin to see how they do.

I could go on like above for each day this week

stating what stands out

and I'd love to

but

since I'm not the author

I really can't (copyright, etc.)

But I have to take a risk with the following part because it's that good

and taken from Ephesians 3:17-19 for day 32 DWELL

"Ask the Holy Spirit to help you hear Jesus saying these words to you"

"I want to come and DWELL in your life. Through you I want to touch the lives of those around you. Be willing to let go of your own agendas and plans that so often keep you from living and acting in and through me. Let yourself be led, strengthened, and renewed by my own Spirit living in your inner being. As you do, you "may have power, together with all the Lord's holy people, to grasp how wide and how long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God"

Spend time alone & in the silence

🕊allow the Holy Spirit to help you hear those words from Jesus💓

as you sense and know that

Christ DWELLS in you.

allow Him to 

GUIDE

you

Be

DEVOUT

TRANSFORMED

ENCOURAGED

&

"See each of your daily 

RESPONSIBILITIES

as an opportunity for you to live

in the power of the Holy Spirit"

🙏





2 comments:

  1. “ Constantly,
    we need to remind ourselves that the Holy Spirit is the great
    TRANSFORMER
    We cannot stay the same.”

    Amen! May we always remember!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pointing this reminder out - and I so agree! Amen & Hallelujah Anyhow!!!

      Delete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy