"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Thursday, April 13, 2017

"... BY HIS WOUNDS, WE ARE HEALED ..." ~ 4

[image credit: Time of Grace]

which comes from 

ISAIAH 53

Today's portion of Isaiah 53 is verse 5

"...But He was hurt because of us; 
He suffered so.
    Our wrong doing wounded and  crushed Him.
He endured the breaking that made us whole.
    The injuries He suffered became our healing. (The Voice)

Time of Grace's devotional for today with this verse is 

"Crucified"

(just a snippet)

"...The prophet Isaiah, seven centuries before Christ, was allowed to look into the future to see the strange way in which salvation for the human race would be won. “He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities” (Isaiah 53:5). There is no longer any condemnation or punishment for those who believe in Christ. His precious body was pierced by dreadful nails; His precious wounds bring you healing."
{probably more fitting for tomorrow}

since today is actually

Maundy Thursday
(as I shared yesterday at the end a great link)

where we generally focus on the

Last Supper

and the

preceding

"Crucified"

fits better with

Good Friday

tomorrow

because it's so hard for me to focus long

on the absolute horror and tragedy

but that it was necessary

and I'm so thankful

for Jesus' obedience and sacrifice!!!

(I could not even post parts from the devotional, I don't do well with graphic recollections)

{yes, I look away at those parts in "The Passion"}

<><><>

... there are so many momentous moments just for today ...

that I will stay away from; like betrayal, denial, suffering

yet I am connecting to "healing" for today

"...Loving One Another"

with the

"washing of feet"
(John 13:1-17)

as Jesus did

at the 

Last Supper

because

for me personally

it is like the

cleansing of sin also

that

Jesus

completes on

Good Friday

with His own blood

<>

I remember Jesus today

I remember His body broken for me

to pay the penalty for something I could never pay

my sin - every one of them

I remember His blood spilled out

to wash and cleanse us

from iniquities

I remember this supper shared with those closest

as one day we hope to supe and share with

Our Lord Jesus Christ

I remember

those

present

I remember

those

who have gone before me

I remember the

eternal healing they have

I remember so many

significant people and the events

of this Holy Passion Week

I remember how

Jesus wept

and

I weep

without fail

every time I

remember

but I

remember

in obedience to

Jesus' own words

"Do this in remembrance of Me"

in  2016 I was moved by this

and believe Christians in America (USA)

should learn much from this

INDEED

"BY HIS WOUNDS, WE ARE HEALED"

CHANGED

FOREVER


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy