"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Monday, April 10, 2017

"... BY HIS WOUNDS, WE ARE HEALED ..." ~ 1

I thought and planned, and then thought some more, reflecting on what I might post for this Holy Week ... because usually each Holy Week, I try to do a series on the themes throughout this week of PASSION, that is why I shared Wayne Stiles' Passion Week on Palm SONday {by the way Episode 2 is available today} ... yet my original plan was to share what I'm sharing today ... a reading plan from You Version (actually from Time of Grace) ... {and there are so many really wonderful ones to truly focus on Jesus} this one chosen before by me on this blog, but this year it fits with the One Word God has given me ... HEALING ...

[image credit: Time of Grace]


which comes from 



" ...We all have wandered off, like  shepherdless sheep, scattered by our aimless striving and endless pursuits;
The Eternal One laid on him, this silent sufferer, the sins of us all." The Voice

Today's portion of Isaiah 53 is verse 6


Time of Grace's devotional for today with this verse is "Condemned"

(just a snippet)

"... You know what’s really scary about the trials of Jesus? God took those unjust guilty verdicts and endorsed them! Seriously! He let those unworthy judges speak for him as they cried out, “He is worthy of death!” Isaiah revealed that God wasn’t just watching Jesus’ trial; He was joining in the condemnation: “The LORD has laid on Him the iniquity of us all” (Isaiah 53:6)."


We are not without a 

SHEPHERD

and 
in fact

we are not without a

LAMB

the perfect sacrifice

the only

ONE

that

was blameless and could carry

the weight of our sin

each one

plus

as

Our Shepherd

He even carries us

when we're 

tired

weary

wounded

He picks us up

places us tenderly in His arms or

over His shoulders He carries us

until

WE ARE HEALED

and even while

WE ARE HEALING!

{I am - how about you?}

Lay it all down and receive His Healing

<><><>

Be sure not to miss Episode 2 of

Journey through the Passion Week - Episode 2
[image credit: Wayne Stiles]

EPISODE 2 – Available NOW! HERE
In Episode 2, our journey through the Passion Week explores the events that occurred from Wednesday through Friday. In addition to seeing some archaeological finds related to Jesus, we'll experience the Upper Room, the Garden of Gethsemane, Jesus' arrest, trials, crucifixion, and burial. Our challenge: How do we keep going when we have blown it with God?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy