"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Sunday, December 9, 2018

"The Sweetest Gift"

Somehow
music usually helps me
through difficult days and seasons

and
although this one does not fit my situations
it is very touching and new to me

so


this title helps me 
remember
that every year, every moment

JESUS
is the
Sweetest Gift
{although it's not directly what this song says}

"I'm not gonna lie
Christmas really hurts this time
'Cause you're not here to celebrate with me
Tears fill my eyes
The memories flood my mind
As I place your ornament upon our tree
Although this year I have a broken heart
It gives me hope and joy as I remember where you are
You're with the Son of God
You're with the Prince of Peace
You're with the one who's celebrating
And that thought amazes me
Sometimes I still break down
Grieving that we're apart
But the sweetest gift is knowing where you are
You're with the Son of God
for more of the lyrics, go here

because
JESUS
is the true
Reason for this
Season

every season


After this first week of December, which quite often is hard for me, pondering about what God might want for my new One Word, I couldn't help but reflect on the one for 2018: BELIEVE, because this One Word also helped me through this year as I faced times when I held closely my faith and all iBelieve. God could not have given me a more important Word than this one. Our Lord Jesus walked with me through His Word, His Promises, and alongside me all year long (even on the 2nd and the 6th, this past week), a broken heart, a broken spirit (Psalm 51:17),  a broken 'alabaster jar' (Mark 14:3-11) poured out ... what a precious gift Jesus is and gave us! The Greatest Christmas Gift! (thanks Ann Voskamp!)

JESUS

"The Sweetest Gift"
I know

... Let's Unwrap all Jesus is ... 

this Christmas, this year & next

as we wait with

expectant

hearts

for

His Coming

        Growing
In
    Faith
         Together


Life is sweeter with Jesus

holding you


Prayers for comfort and peace

[A Prayer for the Grieving at Christmas]



*I really like this video done by The Piano Guys too! Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy