"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Sunday, September 8, 2019

EMBRACING HIM in the MIDST of HURT & HEARTACHE 3-4

<3-4>
September


EMBRACED
... Knowing God is Holding Me (YouClose
2019

Part 3: 
EMBRACING
Him 
in the Midst of Hurt & Heartache
Devotions #49-75 
(#71 - 75  in this week's post)

Image result for wisdom and humility lysa terkeurst


71. "Wisdom and Humility" Proverbs 11:2

"A wisdom like none other can arise from those hard places that bring us low."
{Yes, Lysa, such wise words "Wisom is our Silver Lining"}

72. "I'm Really Afraid" Psalm 34:7

"Sometimes living in fear of what might be causes more stress and anxiety that actually facing what we fear."

73. "Holding on to Truth" John 8:32

"Our souls were formed to recognize and respond to the calm assurance of Jesus."

{how beautiful written, Lysa! this truth is.}
74. "Pressing through the Pain" James 4:8 NKJV

"If we avoid the hurt, the hurt creates a void in us."

75. "Devastated but not Destroyed"Psalm 46:10

"God loves us and He will not leave us."

{5 really great truths on page 235 that we must cling and hold to ...}
Ones we know but constantly need to remind ourselves.

<><><>

So, so often, I have felt devastated and thought I was destroyed or my future will be, mostly because of my insecurities, maybe I was (am) really afraid, BUT God ... He helps me press on through the pain as I hold on to His Truth, trying desperately to not let the lies of destruction and the enemy of my soul destroy me, with God's wisdom as I learn humility and lean into Him ... so as you can see all of Lysa's devotion titles tell my story too, of hurt and heartache. 

Without being able to EMBRACE God in the midst of them, I don't know how I would fare, or pray through getting beyond these obstacles trying to hold me back or crush me with their weight (not sure how anyone that does not have a relationship with Jesus ever does face their hurts and heartaches, maybe they don't, maybe they just stuff and think they've dealt with it by never dealing with them or facing them, maybe they don't care if they ever heal ... or fester others by their wounds, because we've all heard "hurt people hurt people" but "healed people heal people"). I prefer to be the second kind. Yes, I'm guilty too of stuffing or trying to move on (run from them) and forget the pain, the problem, the storm ... but it doesn't work for me. It's sure to resurface until I face it and deal with it. God's Word is a soothing balm and guide for me, offering unconditional love, mercy and forgiveness, with much wisdom and His healing touch. As I invite Jesus into my pain, my hurts, my heartaches ... I find that He helps me through in His strength (not mine), with His comforting EMBRACE.

HE is 
more than
enough

HE really does know our pain and our heart

PSALM 91
is one of my favorites and Lysa's too.
In fact, on page 232, in devotion #74, Lysa shows us
how to prayerfully invite God into our pain
through this Psalm.

Lord, Draw me close. ... You are my everyday dwelling place,
my saving grace!

<><><>

Previous blog posts of Part 3:
EMBRACING Him 
in the Midst of Hurt & Heartache
 3-1 Devotions #50-57
 3-2 Devotions #58-65
 3-3 Devotions #66-70
plus this one for
Devotions #71-75



No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy