"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Sunday, December 18, 2022

PREPARING MY HEART this ADVENT with LOVE (18)


Week of December 18 - 24

LOVE

December 18 

 Love "... is Found in the Simple Things"

this actually, originally read

"Joy is Found in the Simple Things"

His Divine Love

Lamentations 3:22 “Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail.” 

Mark 10:21 “Jesus looked at him and loved him. “One thing you lack,” He said. “Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.” 

John 13:34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.”

John 15:13 ”Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.”

Romans 5:8 “But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” 

1 John 4:7-12 "This is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and His love is made complete in us” 



There is no shortage of Bible verses on Love. 
Here are some links:

50 Beautiful Bible Verses about God's Love & Loving Others 
(Woman's Day)

Inspirational Bible Verses about Love

108 Bible Verses about Love

Love 
(search in The Voice version)

Love at Advent/Christmas
(search at Bible Hub)

"God is Love, right? There is a whole chapter devoted to the theme of love. (1 Corinthians 13)  What greater way to celebrate God’s love for us than with these Advent love scriptures!"

(suggested readings on Love for this week)
  • Reading 1: John 3:16-17 
  • Reading 2: John 15:9-13 
  • Reading 3: 1 John 4:7-11 
  • Reading 4: 1 John 4:17-21 
  • Reading 5: 1 Corinthians 13:1-7 
  • Reading 6: 1 Corinthians 13:8-13 
  • Reading 7: Ephesians 2:4-7

For me, Love is not that simple. Yet I must agree that Love is found in the Simple Things!

Loving God is simple for me! Loving people is a bit more challenging.

Loving those closest to us is even more difficult.

Being God's Love to a broken world is the most needed yet the least done.

Loving as Jesus loves us is meant for all people regardless ...

It is time for us to 'Love One Another' - that is meant for the stranger & to those closest to us
Equally. God is no respecter of persons. We are each/all created in His image!

Hoping that by the end of this 4th week of Advent
my heart prepared with Hope, Peace & Joy
now makes room for more
LOVE

but mainly that I've made space and room for
JESUS

(which would include all of them too and more)

Love definitely is a matter of the heart!

<><><>

This week I will be

Preparing my heart with Love!

I will be adding to the following days each day:

December 19


December 20


December 21


December 22


December 23


December 24


 "Love is a gift; a gift from God. At Christmastime, we as Christians believe that God's greatest gift of love was Jesus, the Savior of the world."

Lighting the Candle of Love

John 3:16


Jesus' Love

shines ever so brightly

Jesus' Love Came Down
at
CHRISTMAS

for you and for me!

Added Love Divine to my reading plans

<>

How can you show God's Love to others in need this Christmas and throughout the year?

What Christmas Carol or song or hymn reminds you of God's Love?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy