"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Sunday, July 16, 2023

JESUS, the Storyteller (29)



In Section Four, #29

JESUS

the Storyteller

tells us about the

"Discerner of the Heart"

30. A Divine Divider                 7/23

It says that the Word of God

"is a discerner of the thoughts  and intents of the heart"

Hebrews 4:12

also another from Bible Tools

I was actually just searching for a clear definition of DISCERNER ...

when I stumbled upon the above 

since "discerning" is something I have not been to good about throughout my life,

most certainly, in matters of the heart but it literally means "hearing or listening"

and I hope that I have done that at least from my heart of compassion.

I guess "discernment of spirits" was more of the problem for me.

"5 Helpful Tips for making a good discernment" (😕me, ???)
{at least the first 3 given were good points for me}

The 3rd was "pay attention to what's going on in your heart" which is needed to weigh the

"pros and cons" - that's good advice!

It's important for us to have a discerning heart "to help discover & understand what

God desires for us.

Now, I'm trying to figure out which Parable this might be ... 

but looking at the Bible Scripture will help me a lot. 

For this week, they are:

Matthew 13:24-30; 2 Corinthians 11;12-15; Galatians 1;6-9;
1 John 2;3-11; 1 John 2;18-23

but the key one is in Matthew

And the weekly devotion starts out with the familiar story to most of us on the Stradivari violin; 
so these are the 5 segments of this chapter beginning with the 
"Treasure from Trash" about
Stradivari

... (given above)
"Only God can Tell Sinners from Saints"
"Appearance of Righteousness"
"Only God Can Take Sinners from Saints"
"When the Reaper Reaps"

"... Turning a sinner into a saint is something only God can do"

Let's Pray:

"Lord, I confess that it is not my job to judge between weeds and wheat (please keep reminding me gently when I do); it is Yours! I long to be fruitful for Your Kingdom."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy