"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Sunday, July 9, 2023

JESUS, the Storyteller (28)



In Section Four, 

JESUS

the Storyteller

is telling us a Parable about

"The Grace Giver"

Clearly, JESUS is the Ultimate Grace Giver, but I believe He invites us to join Him,

not only by "embracing Grace" but also by showing/giving Grace like His to others.

Perhaps this week, looking at this "Grace Giver" we will learn more on this.

25. The Life of the Party          6/18
26. A Hospitable Host              6/25
27. The Object of Our Worship7/2
28. The Grace Giver                7/9
29. Discerner of the Heart       7/16
30. A Divine Divider                 7/23

The Scriptures for this week:

Luke 15:11-32; Psalm 103:1-14; Psalm 78:32-39; Isaiah 57:14-16; Lam. 3:19-24

with the following subtitles/ chapter segments:

"A Modern Parable"
"Two Groups"
"The Father Loves Us When We Rebel Against Him"
"The Father Accepts Us When We Return to Him"
"The Father Pursues Us When We Reject Him"
<>
{my favorite line at the end again}
"...No matter how far you've wandered, no matter how low you've sunk, know that upon your return, you will find the Father in front of an open door with open arms and a loving heart." (p.139) James Merritt

This is a "story" that many of us can relate to - and many of us have embraced gratefully.

We each have such a story - such a recollection and such a beautiful image of our

Heavenly Father

through

JESUS

our Grace Giver

we receive an abundance of grace freely

so that we can pour out to others

"Lord, make me an agent of Your grace by teaching me to stand with arms open wide to welcome *any child who has wandered." {text says *Your}

<><><>

"The Grace Giver" by Jacque Watkins
(a heart-warming read)

You Version has a reading plan 
The Grace Giver


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy