"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Sunday, July 30, 2023

JESUS, the TEACHER (31)



In Section Five, 

we meet

JESUS

the TEACHER

I think that JESUS, the Storyteller; and JESUS, Teacher are closely related.

<>

Having been a teacher, I remember when weaving a lesson through storytelling 

seemed to make the lesson more enjoyable for both student and teacher.

That storytelling ability and a song makes the lesson stick a bit better.

This section on JESUS, the Teacher seems to have fallen at just the right time of the year, 

as teachers soon begin their preparation for the next school year, many already have.

There is so much more to take into account being a teacher nowadays

that every minute preparing ahead helps you deal with the extra being required of 

the teachers in our school/education system.

JESUS

is the ultimate example for

the Teacher

but the bar Jesus sets is a pretty high one!

Sadly, far too many teachers (and students) are paying a very high price 

in our schools these days with their very lives, just as Jesus did yet

Jesus sacrificed for an eternal reason.

The loss of teachers and students

is an absolutely senseless loss

without any reason.

This tragedy

in our lifetime has to end now!

It is completely out-of-control - 2023 statistics show us clearly.

This is not why we become teachers, nor why we send our children to school!

I might never have the chance to speak out against this

as I do right now, as I begin with

JESUS, the Teacher

I pray we look closely at the lessons that 

JESUS

teaches and see that

Violence (Gun Violence)

does not fit with any of His Principles, Character or Design

for His Children.

In no way, does any of this violence & hate line up with Scripture!

<><><>

In this section of

JESUS

the TEACHER

there are 9 chapters or weeks: #31-39

31. Flying Standby 7/30
32. A Prayer Warrior            8/6
33. Focused on the Father  8/13
34. The One Who Provides 8/20
35. The Treasure Principle  8/27
36. A Marriage Counselor   9/3
37.Can One Become Two? 9/10
38. Love: Can Two Stay One? 9/17
39. The Number One Priority   9/24

Can you guess what that last one is?

<><><>

In the introduction to JESUS, the Teacher, James Merritt writes:

"Scholars debate almost everything about who Jesus was and what He did. But all agree He was a masterful teacher. He spoke with an understanding of spirituality and philosophical depth that continues to dazzle the minds of the masses. His teaching addresses life's most pressing problems and helps us navigate through them. The trick is to encounter Jesus' familiar phrases & well-trod wisdom with fresh eyes."~James Merritt

I couldn't agree more, plus this is so concise & well said that I decided I needed to share it.

It gives such a good overall view of JESUS, the Teacher!

I can already see some of the lessons that I should have paid better attention to in my life.

Coming to know and relate to JESUS in all of these capacities,

 gives me such a broader view of the JESUS I know & fall more in love with Him

every.single.day

if that's even possible

but doesn't even come close to how much He loves us,

that He would speak to us & cover all these aspects of our lives

in simple yet complex ways,

where we can always learn more and grow more as

He stretches & challenges us as we read & reread His Word given to teach us,

help us, encourage us, motivate us, guide us, transform us ...

What a Teacher! What a Savior!

I'm not one of those scholars,

yet I know a Masterful Teacher when I meet one

or have the privilege to sit under His Teachings & learn.

There are many wonderful teachers,

in fact, each year, in each state, there is a chosen

Teacher of the Year

as well as finalists from which they're chosen, but

JESUS

is the Master

Teacher of Every Year

without a doubt, we have so much to learn from Him!

<>

Here are the Scripture readings for this week:

Matthew 7:1-6; 1 Corinthians 2:14-16; John 12:44-50; Romans 2:1-11; Romans 14:1-12

I'm not too sure what "Flying Standby" is or means for this week?

but I hope to understand after finishing reading 

these subtitles/segments:

"First Impressions"; "To Judge or Not to Judge"; "Eliminate Improper Judgment"; "Participate in Self-Judgment"; "Validate Righteous Judgment"

"Lord, teach me to see myself and others clearly, so that I might be more aware of my own sin and more passionate about Your grace for sinners like me."

Thank You Teacher - I'm ready to sit at Your feet again

for more lessons!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy