"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Sunday, August 13, 2023

JESUS, the TEACHER (33)



Section Five, 

JESUS

the TEACHER

31. Flying Standby 7/30
32. A Prayer Warrior            8/6
33. Focused on the Father  8/13
34. The One Who Provides 8/20
35. The Treasure Principle  8/27
36. A Marriage Counselor   9/3
37.Can One Become Two? 9/10
38. Love: Can Two Stay One? 9/17
39. The Number One Priority   9/24

<>

Since last week, we focused on being "A Prayer Warrior" -

it makes sense that the lesson for this week with

Jesus, the Teacher

is

"Focused on the Father"

with Jesus teaching us how to pray and where we begin is by where we focus

FIRST

with

OUR FATHER

in these

Scriptures for the Week:

Matthew 6:9-10; Ephesians 5:15-20; James 4:13-17; Romans 15:8-15; Hebrews 10:32-39

with these segments/subtitles giving us the lesson plan

... "How You Should Pray"

"Focus on the Father's Worship"

"Focus on the Father's Will"

"The Best Prayer You Can Pray"

"Prayer Changes Things"

so that

the change begins in the one praying

even as we pray

"Lord, quiet the voices in my heart that are all about me. Tip me face toward Yours so that I might greet You with worship, acknowledging who You are."

If I (or you) are truthful, about our prayers (as the one above points out),

we come to the Father for what we need or want or those of others in need.

Even when most of us know the PRAY format of A.C.T.S.

we hardly ever spend the time in

Adoration

or

Confession

some of us have gotten more in to the habit of 

Thankfulness to God

but most of us

skip directly to the final part of

Supplication

for ourselves and others

asking God to Supply our many needs

Of course, God wants to just spend the special time with us and He does care for us

and all of our needs: spiritual, physical, emotional ...

however He does desire our hearts to worship

and come to Him from a penitent place

to focus truly on Who He is

and finding His will.

To seek God first

with all of our

heart

mind

soul

as we

surrender

our will and wants

to

HIS

🙏


To God, the Father

be the glory

now & forever


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy