"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Sunday, August 27, 2023

JESUS, the TEACHER (35)



Section Five, 

JESUS

the TEACHER

31. Flying Standby 7/30
32. A Prayer Warrior            8/6
33. Focused on the Father  8/13
34. The One Who Provides 8/20
35. The Treasure Principle  8/27
36. A Marriage Counselor   9/3
37.Can One Become Two? 9/10
38. Love: Can Two Stay One? 9/17
39. The Number One Priority   9/24

<>

There's actually a book with this title by Randy Alcorn.
Here is a written summary of his 6 key points
and a link to Randy Alcorn's 1st video of 3(?)

However, Randy is writing based on the teaching found in

Matthew 6:19-21

and so are

this & the others in this Week's Scriptures:

Matthew 6:19-24; Mark 10:23-27; Luke 18:18-26; 1 Timothy 6:17-19; Luke 6:38

We find ourselves focusing on these segments/subtitles:

"Final Plans"

"Master or Be Mastered"

"Be Strategic in Where You Put Your Wealth"

"Be Wise in How You Perceive Your Wealth"

"Be Careful How You Position Your Wealth"

Good points on the lesson of our Wealth

"Jesus doesn't want your money. 

It's already His.

Jesus wants your heart.

But since your heart always {*often} follows your money,

He wants you to surrender your money, your wealth, your stuff to Him.

You will never master your money until Jesus is the master of you."
~James Merritt, 52 Weeks with Jesus

"Lord, I confess that all that I have is Yours. Release my grip on all that binds my heart, so that I might be mastered by You alone."

Jesus, You are the treasure I seek and Your principles to guide me!

Thank You for this lesson on wealth & treasures.

<>

In our treasure hunt for much of our life, 

we tend to look for a 'perfect' person,

a 'perfect' place -

Jesus is that person; Heaven is that place.

[this is a rewrite of what Randy Alcorn shares in his introduction, not a direct quote]

but the following is:

"...When you discover the secret Joy of the Treasure Principle,

I guarantee you, you'll never be content with less."
~Randy Alcorn, The Treasure Principle

I pray you encounter the hidden treasure in Jesus Christ!

(and the perfect peace of Jesus)
Isaiah 26:3

<><><>



* I think the word here should be 'often' rather than 'always' - hopefully no one always follows their money yet I know there may be some. The word always should not be used that often when it rarely is always. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy