"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Monday, November 20, 2023

NOVEMBER ... with JESUS (5) PROTECTIONS

(In case you've chosen to do this with me)


for

"30 Days with Jesus"

Experiencing His Presence
Throughout the Old and New Testament

by Lysa TerKeurst and Dr. Joel Muddamalle

   WEEK 1 is PORTRAITS           Nov. 1-5
   WEEK 2     PROPHECIES        Nov. 6-10
   WEEK 3     PATTERNS             Nov. 11-15
   WEEK 4     PROVISIONS         Nov. 16-20
   WEEK 5     PROTECTIONS     Nov. 21-25
   WEEK 6     PRESENCE           Nov. 26-30

During these 30 days "we'll look for and discover JESUS using 6 different lenses":

PROTECTIONS

 "We see Jesus through God’s protection of His people, as we start to discover the ultimate protection we have in Him."

As I began reading the intro to this part, I'm finding that once again,

this one pertains to me (and not in a good way either)

it reveals that I too struggle with

"... trusting God as my ultimate Protector"

because I constantly find myself "collecting" or thinking about

worst-case scenarios, as if that will protect me or prepare me better

for when or if "they" might occur

... endless nights/early morning hours ...

wondering, praying, mind & heart racing

depends on what is going on or going to be happening, well in advance
 
(sigh)

So supposedly these next few days will be very helpful ...

as we look at God, the Protector

and "the ultimate Protection we have

in JESUS Christ"

{my head says it knows this, but I don't too often find myself or the ones I'm praying for -protected}

I do believe this, Lord - help me with any unbelief!

{part of my struggle is that in my life, there have been times that I specifically was trusting 
God for my Protection, even prayed & put on the "full armor of God" but found myself very unprotected & subjected to being a victim (let's say) of the enemy - in broad daylight, which tends to lend itself to the insecurity, doubt, wondering, lack of trust, unbelief? etc. so I've been there & don't want to be (caught off-guard) again. It's from this place that I'm learning to trust.}

AND OH, HOW I CLING TO YOU, JESUS and RELY ON YOU!

I am so grateful for the

PROTECTIONS

I've been given by God

and the ultimate Protection I have in JESUS


11/21 "Protection of Joseph" (Genesis 40; Galatians 4:3-7) Genesis 50:20

11/22 
"Protection in the Red Sea" (Exodus 14; Mark 4:35-41) Mark 4:
39-40

11/23
 "Protection in Jonah"(Jonah 1; Matthew 8:23-27) Matthew 8:27

11/24
 "Protection of the Torah"(Leviticus 26; Hebrews 8:1-5) Luke 24:
27

11/25
 "Protection by the Divine Warrior"(Isaiah 59:1-20; Ephesians 6: 10-17) Ephesians 6:10-11



"Lord, thank You that You sent Jesus, who deeply understands how hard it can be to process fear inside these frail, hurting, human hearts of ours. Thank You for the hope that Jesus has ​​overcome​​ the world. Now help me overcome what I’m facing today. Thank You for the grace that I don’t have to do it perfectly. I just have to make progress. I love You, Lord. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."


<><><>

11/25 raises many questions I have about the injustices happening in the world currently


{so I may have more on this later}

meanwhile

please pray as the Spirit moves you

for our nation

Israel, Gaza civilians, Ukraine

and so many others

๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™
๐Ÿ•Š
PROTECT ALL of US

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy