"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Sunday, June 9, 2024

JUNE One Word Focus Words - 2 HONESTY

For the month of June, these will be the 4 One Words for us to "Focus" on:


HONESTY

SILENCE

PACE

Interesting combination!

<>

LITTLE did I realize that when I shared all 4 One Words for June that I would need to just use this one post to FOCUS for all of June with just a few tweaks here and there. Due to summer & circumstances out of my control, this is going to be a monthly post, just changes to update the next One Word in BOLD & Underlined. If you read last week's blog post (linked above) then you can just scroll ahead to the next section (indicated by another FOCUS image) 

<>

For the first week, the One Word is was:

LITTLE


The scripture verse from

Luke 16:10

“One who is faithful in a very little is also faithful in much, and one who is dishonest
in a very 
little is also dishonest in much.” 

As you can see, the author has chosen a verse this time with the

One Word: LITTLE
(actually used twice in that verse)

The other scripture verses in the book this week:

Matthew 13:32 (ESV); Matthew 25:21 (ESV);
John 6:9 (ESV); Colossians 3:17 (ESV)

And the 3 quotes that I shared from the devotional with the One Word: LITTLE

"... We undermine the "big" that our God can do with our LITTLE step, so we clamor and reach for more before going forward." ...

"... The LITTLE is never actually LITTLE when it's in the Potter's hands." ...

"... May we give our LITTLE & our best so that He can make it big & do the rest."

"Jesus the LITTLE I give, much You can do."

<><>

the 2nd One Word in June:


HONESTY
[linked to Bible Hub for definition & topical study]

The main scripture verse in the devotional (not using the One Word)

Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.1 John 3:18 NIV

However there are scripture verses with the One Word

HONESTY/ or honest

in the Old Testament (50)

[quite a few in Proverbs; I have not listed them all]

Genesis 30:31 MSG; Genesis 30:33 AMP; Judges 9: 16 & 9:19 NASB; 1 King 9:4 CEB; 2 Kings 12:15 NIV;
...Psalms (7); Proverbs (15); Isaiah (12); Jeremiah (2)..

and in the New Testament (16)

Matthew 23:23 NLT; Mark 12:14 Voice; Luke 2:33 MSG
Luke 3:13 TLB; Luke 8:15 Voice; Romans 3:7 TLB; Romans 15:8 AMPC; Romans 15:15 Voice; Romans 16:19 MSG; 

Here are a couple scripture verses with HONESTY that stood out to me:

"And so while there has never been any question about your HONESTY in these matters—I couldn’t be more proud of you!—I want you also to be smart, making sure every “good” thing is the real thing. Don’t be gullible in regard to smooth-talking evil. Stay alert like this, and before you know it the God of peace will come down on Satan with both feet, stomping him into the dirt. Enjoy the best of Jesus!" Romans 16:19 MSG

 "May integrity and HONESTY protect me, for I put my hope in you." Psalm 25:21 NLT (also in GNT, GW, NCV with HONESTY)

Now without having read the devotional before I share this, I am highlighting (out of context) 
some quotes where the author used 

HONESTY

{well, truthfully, I believe that she uses HONESTY in all she writes}

I mean that she used the One Word: HONESTY

"... HONESTY is sometimes the last things we want to practice and therefore we must. HONESTY turns our heart back to Jesus."

"... HONESTY is the process of continually putting our trust in God and knowing that His grace is enough."

"So, let's be HONEST - with ourselves, others, God, and the world around us. HONESTY will give space for lasting, true relationships & put us back in our rightful place at the feet of Jesus, where we belong."

In a small way, I must HONESTLY let you know that I deal constantly with people not telling the truth and wonder if they are being truthful with their selves and in part, this is why I had to condense this blog post into just one for the month of June & perhaps in the future. I sense that someone is not HONESTLY being straight with me about much & I realize the damage it will do to our relationship (if I'm right) & I'll dislike finding out that I am being duped (played) or even being given half-truths. Yet, sad to say, sometimes individuals do this as a cover & quite HONESTLY perhaps they unconsciously do not realize this, because it's become a pattern/habit in their life or they find a need to continue this way to not disappoint & just deal & cope with their situation the best that they can. We, unintentionally, put others or keep others in this position; because they think that being honest (truthful) will upset or alienate, cause pain, rejection, anger, further hardship, hurt, & consequences they'd rather avoid, without knowing that the truth will set them free so they keep trying to keep the lie going until ... the truth is made known. This quite likely is not the drift of this week's devotional so I apologize for adding my 2 cents from my own life experience (but trust me, I have much more; as I wait for God to reveal more truth to me). He has in my past so I am very reluctant and perhaps why I am hesitant and very untrusting of others. I, too, went through times in my personal life when I failed to be honest, but God forgave me, showed mercy & extended much grace - as I should also now.

The other scripture verses in the devotion this week:

1 John 1:6 NIV; Proverbs 12:22 NIV; 
2 Corinthians 8:21 ESV; Proverbs 10:9 NIV

That's why INTEGRITY is so important to me!
{especially in our government leaders, & I'm using that word loosely}

It's takes character & integrity to be a leader. And also honesty.

"Jesus, I choose HONESTY, even when it's hard"

<><>

Next week, I will move this one forward, 
eliminate & add the next 
One Word: SILENCE.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy