"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Sunday, June 2, 2024

One Word Focus: 1 LITTLE

For the month of June, these will be the 4 One Words for us to "Focus" on:

LITTLE

HONESTY

SILENCE

PACE

Interesting combination!


<>

So for this first week, the One Word is:

LITTLE


The scripture verse is from

Luke 16:10

“One who is faithful in a very little is also faithful in much, and one who is dishonest
in a very 
little is also dishonest in much.” 

As you can see, the author has chosen a verse this time with the

One Word: LITTLE
(actually used twice in that verse)

The other scripture verses in the book this week:

Matthew 13:32 (ESV); Matthew 25:21 (ESV);
John 6:9 (ESV); Colossians 3:17 (ESV)

<>

For being a LITTLE One Word, it sure has many verses and occurrences

with 9 definitions (most with small in it, some with short)

so a little less than half of the Biblical occurrences

are with the meaning "small"

And the nearly 1,000 verses with "little" in the verse begin at

Genesis and cover all the way to Revelation

so there are many to choose from.

Without reading the devotional, as of yet, I am choosing this verse:

"

Philippians 4:10-14 The Message (MSG)


I’m glad in God, far happier than you would ever guess—happy that you’re again showing such strong concern for me. Not that you ever quit praying and thinking about me. You just had no chance to show it. Actually, I don’t have a sense of needing anything personally. I’ve learned by now to be quite content whatever my circumstances. I’m just as happy with little as with much, with much as with little. I’ve found the recipe for being happy whether full or hungry, hands full or hands empty. Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am. I don’t mean that your help didn’t mean a lot to me—it did. It was a beautiful thing that you came alongside me in my troubles.

"

Doing a quick search of this devotion (not including the scripture),

I find about 6 (or 7) uses of "LITTLE" in the book,

but 2 of those are in the FOCUS TIP & it's a good tip.

I will randomly share 3 of these - not necessarily my favorite part but just because

LITTLE

is

in them

"... We undermine the "big" that our God can do with our LITTLE step, so we clamor and reach for more before going forward." ...

Now, remember, I'm not reading the context around these yet as I select.

However, I do understand that all God needs is our small step indicating our willingness,

to help us and encourage our "LITTLE" faith in stepping out & believing 

yet often we hold back, waiting for more just to confirm; and

 He's waiting to just see us step out in faith & act on the "LITTLE" 

"... The LITTLE is never actually LITTLE when it's in the Potter's hands." ...

this one is actually quite good and I'm sure that there are MANY sermons 

on this concept

"... May we give our LITTLE & our best so that He can make it big & do the rest."

Now that's really good advice,

especially if we are afraid or feeling inadequate or uncertain

or just a LITTLE intimidated of trying anything new.

Each of us are unique vessels 

in the Master's hands

designed

to do

our

LITTLE

for His purpose & His glory

each step counts

&

each of us are necessary in

His Kingdom

as we surrender to His will

LITTLE becomes MUCH

{all the way through this, since I started, that one phrase was in my head}

first it was: 

 LITTLE requires MUCH & then I decided that it really should be: 

LITTLE becomes MUCH

[so I went back & inserted that image in the beginning]

which is exactly where He led me & will lead you as you step out

<>

So let's follow this week's 

FOCUS TIP

in faith

&

watch

the Master Potter

"melt us, mold us, fill us, use us"

Spirit of the Living God

fall afresh on me





2 comments:

  1. The Message version of Philippians 4:4-10 is a wonderful choice and that image speaks loudly!

    In the book, I loved best : “It has never been about whether we are capable; it has always been about whether we believe He is able.”

    Ouch and hallelujah both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sis! and what a good choice from our reading (but you're right "ouch" & 🙌🏼) Amen! Enjoy a LITTLE more Peace 🕊️ this week!

      Delete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy