"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Monday, September 28, 2026

REMEMBER Who God Is: Where Weary Hearts Find Rest


Today, as I look at this image along the river and remember my earthly father on what would be his 117th birthday, my heart is full. The gift before me is not only a beautiful scene. It is a reminder of the deeper journey God has been walking with me, step by step, through these last days.

This past week’s devotions (and month) have all circled around one precious theme:

Remember who God is. 

Remember Who God Is When You’re Weary

When we are weary, that is where we must begin. Not with our weakness. Not with our confusion. Not with our fears. But with the unchanging character of God.

So many battles of the heart become lighter when I stop staring only at the battle and begin remembering the One who walks with me through it.

When trust is tested, God is trustworthy.
When I am misunderstood, God understands me and calls me to faithfulness.
When I feel defeated, God fights the battle.
When the past won’t let go, God makes me new.
When guilt overwhelms me, God forgives and frees.
When darkness closes in, God is my light and stronghold.
When I can’t find the words to pray, God already knows, and the Spirit intercedes.
When I face rejection, God receives me even when others do not.
When I need to surrender, God is sovereign, present, and worthy of my trust.

That is the pathway of remembrance.

As I look at the image of the woman holding the little lamb, I cannot help but see my own story there too. I am the one who has been held, carried, led, corrected, comforted, forgiven, and restored. I am also the one invited to keep coming back — not in shame, but in surrender. Not in striving, but in trust.

The St. Croix bluffs in the background feel especially meaningful to me. Rivers have bends. Journeys have valleys, cliffs, shadows, sunlight, and unexpected turns. Yet through all of it, God remains the same.

He has been my constant Companion.
My Lord and Savior.
My Redeemer and Friend.
My light in darkness.
My Shepherd when I was weary.
My stronghold when I felt weak.

And today, I give thanks not only for my earthly father and the life he lived, but for my Heavenly Father, whose character has never failed me. He has known every step of my story. He has seen every wound, every longing, every surrender, and every small beginning of healing. He has not left me. He has not forsaken me. He has remained faithful.

So today I remember.

I remember who God is.
I remember that His grace is enough.
I remember that His presence still goes with me.
I remember that salvation is in Jesus.
And I remember that even when I am weary, I am never walking alone.

avec Grâce. Paix. Tranquillité.☀️🕊️ & PeG💙

Today, on my dad’s birthday, I dedicate this as a tribute to him, BUT I am especially grateful for my Heavenly Father, whose love has been steadier than every changing season of life. Through valleys, cliffs, shadows, and sunlight, He has remained my Shepherd, my Savior, and my Friend.

💙

Remember who God is. That is where weary hearts find rest.

When trust is tested → God is trustworthy. Proverbs 3:5-6
When misunderstood → God understands and calls me to faithfulness. John 15: 18-19
When defeated → God fights the battle. 2 Chronicles 20:15
When the past won’t let go → God makes me new. 2 Corinthians 5:17
When guilt overwhelms → God forgives and frees. Psalm 32:5
When darkness closes in → God is my light and stronghold. Psalm 27:1
When I can’t find words to pray → God already knows and the Spirit intercedes. Matthew 6:8
When you face rejection → God receives me even when others do not.      Psalm 27:10
When you need to surrender → God is sovereign, present, and worthy of my trust. Psalm 46:10 

💙

Getting ready for OCTOBER

Part 2: For the Warring

in Rachel's book

post on

Oct. 1st



No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy