"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Sunday, December 8, 2019

EMBRACING PEACE


in

WEEK 2

of

ADVENT


Because of the week I had last week while EMBRACING HOPE, I am more than thrilled that this week, I can EMBRACE PEACE ... I really need this! Quite often, the order and themes vary, and Peace is not the one for this second week as the YouVersion reading plan "Illiminate Advent" that I added to last week's, does not have Peace, but Joy... and perhaps you have a different one in your Advent plan. I read this in my search for: 

"what does the 2nd candle of Advent mean?"

*source

...* "The second candle, also purple, represents faith. It is called the “Bethlehem Candle” as a reminder of Mary and Joseph's journey to Bethlehem 
{removed the part on the third candle, shared next week}

... and the one for last week, the First week of Advent:

... "The first candle, which is purple, symbolizes Hope. It is sometimes called the “Prophecy Candle” in remembrance of the prophets, especially Isaiah, who foretold the birth of Christ. It represents the expectation felt in anticipation of the coming Messiah." *

Finally the one we need for this second week:

..."On the fourth week of Advent, we light the final purple candle to mark the final week of prayer and penance as we wait for the birth of our Savior. This final candle, the “Angel’s Candle,” symbolizes Peace. It reminds us of the message of the angels: “Peace on Earth, Good Will Toward Men.” *
{sorry, I added this after this was first published}
 
Knowing this, might help you better understand the readings chosen from the Bible (God's Word) in some of the Advent plans. As I've already mention, I need to focus on God's PEACE


"... and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7


as I guard my heart and mind through Christ Jesus daily
continuing to read


"Come and Behold Him"
TPT, Brian Simmons

"WEEK TWO: PEACE 
Day 1 The Promise of the Lord’s Peace— in a Piece of Candy 
(Psalm 85:1–2, 8–13
Day 2 Whether Bad News or Too-Good-To-Be-True News, God Really Can Be Trusted! (Luke 1:5–24
Day 3 Are You a Forerunner of the Prince of Peace? 
(Luke 1:14–17
Day 4 How Could This Happen? (Luke 1:26–38
Day 5 A Tale of Two Reactions (Luke 1:5–38)

Brian Simmons, Come and Behold Him (The Passion Translation): Advent Devotional (Kindle Locations 33-44). BroadStreet Publishing Group LLC. 


For one of the years (2013), my One Word was PEACE and somehow it's remained in me, with me, through all the years (turbulent or peaceful) ... God's PEACE can be totally EMBRACED in the midst of life's storms, even in our daily chaos.



{I knew there was a reason that I was drawn to "Unsinkable Faith" by Tracie Miles, now if only I finish reading it.}

Maree Dee, Embracing Life in the Midst of the Unexpected blog


I'm am sure that EMBRACING PEACE this week will be such a blessing, because God's Word (God Himself) is PEACE and says "Blessed are the peacemakers..." Now, truthfully, I must confess that I am far from being a 'peacemaker' although it is something I treasure and believe in strongly, yet fail daily; however Jesus is faithful to come along side me and bring His everlasting PEACE. 

Each of the daily devotions in this book end with a prayer. In various reading plans and other places, I have found some beautiful prayers for PEACE during this Advent, so I'm sharing:


"Heavenly Father, You are the God who gives peace. This second week of Advent, cause us to remember that because of Jesus we can experience a Christmas free from turmoil and chaos. Regardless of our circumstances or our situations, You offer us peace that passes understanding. ... Father, this second week of Advent keep us in perfect peace as our mind is stayed on the truth of Your powerful love. Thank You for Your mighty, sovereign hand. Help us to trust fully in You and rest in the peace You offer. {to read in full go here}

{there's also links there for the other weeks too}

"Jesus, thank You for coming to bring me peace. I recognize today that I can rest in You, no matter what I’m going through. Whenever fear or heaviness threaten my peace, help me run to safety in You. Lead my spirit into the wholeness that is available in You."

{sample of prayers in this book, "Come & Behold"}

1. "Father God, I thank You for sending us Your promised peace by sending us Your Son, Jesus. May what the Prince of Peace accomplished in His life and death guard my heart and mind from the agitation and distress of this world this Advent season."

4. Lord Jesus Christ, my Prince of Peace, I come to You to tell You every detail of my life, so that "God's wonderful peace that transcends human understanding, will make the answers known to me through Jesus Christ. (Phil. 4:7)


Pour out Your Peace
Lord Jesus
this week
while
I
EMBRACE
You
as my
PRINCE OF PEACE

I'll be
EMBRACING
Your Peace
each day
in me

singing
Let there be
Peace on Earth
and
let it begin
with me




No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy