"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Sunday, December 1, 2019

EMBRACING "ADVENT"

Advent 2019 
begins today 
December 1st until December 24th


I LOVE
ADVENT

so

this is a season that is not difficult to

EMBRACE

{except for tomorrow, Dec. 2nd & then Dec. 6th}

"Advent, (from Latin adventus, “coming”), 
in the Christian church calendar, the period of preparation for the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ at Christmas and also of preparation for the Second Coming of Christ."...
 
Advent
is a season of a time of 
expectant waiting
and
preparation


Beautiful Savior, may every symbol of Your birth draw us closer to You ...


I look forward to finding more peace, purpose and strength with Jesus in prayer.

Each week I will 
EMBRACE
one theme of
Advent
and
daily I will be
following chosen plan(s)
at You Version
{less there than usual

I also finally gave in and purchased
"Advent in Narnia"
which I can't wait to read
so I really have to pace
all this reading
{maybe I'll share this one in 2020}

plus

here on my blog (at least once a week) I will be sharing
from The Passion Translation (TPT) book

"Come and Behold Him"
by
Brian Simmons

{I have read it before but would like to read it again to keep me focused}

Book Description (but also a good introduction to Advent)
"Prepare yourself to celebrate the real reason for the season—Jesus!

Beginning with the first day of Advent, this four-week devotional will take you through the entire Christmas season with twenty-one readings organized around the weekly themes of Advent.


Through short, engaging reflections on hope, peace, joy, and love, combined with the beauty and relevance of The Passion Translation—a fresh, faithful translation of the Bible—you will find the inspiration you need to celebrate the true reason for the season.


Each reading follows the inspiring journey of the main characters of the Christmas story and offers and Advent prayer, making them perfect for personal, family, or small-group use. Scriptures from The Passion Translation will give you greater insights this season for your journey toward Bethlehem.


May this devotional and translation of God’s Word inspire your faith in the One who came to rescue us and will come again to create us anew!"


so
YOU
may
EMBRACE
Advent
along with me


* There will be another post this evening and each week of Advent as we EMBRACE this season in every aspect and theme. Sadly, I went to change to my winter 'Star of Bethlehem' template that I received from 'The Cutest Blog on the Block' and even though I saved the code, I forgot how or where to do it so then I tried to go to that blog as I had in the past, only to find out either I could not enter it or it was gone (safety warning). So this is the best I have for my Christmas look, and now I understand the frustration of others who have tried to visit here or leave comments. Still, we'll press on. If anyone finds the blog or knows where I put the code (I was thinking just in a gadget and move it under header but it just went black) please let me know.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy