"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Tuesday, February 14, 2023

JESUS ... GETS US & HE LOVES US


Today 

is a

very

special

day

πŸ’“

...but probably not because of what you're thinking about for today

πŸ’“πŸˆπŸ’–

For some of you, perhaps this past Sunday was a special day, depending on which side you were on ... since I do not know much about football, the final teams playing off, or the Super Bowl in general, I can't comment either way.


Yet for some reason I received at least 2 emails concerning Sun. and the big game. The first one caught a brief glance, but the next one read: "Did you see Jesus at the Big Game?" Now that one caught my attention - not because of the Big Game or that part, but the part on seeing Jesus. [In case you are new to me or this blog, my One Word for 2023 is JESUS] So naturally this intrigued me to open and read, which ended in that email with me joining them in prayer {and then quickly deciding I need to check this out some more & do my research}. I recall another recent football game and a special player that collapsed after a great tackle, which caused a circle of players of both teams to form around him, on bended knees, and a hush to come over the entire stadium (even a sports announcer) as most prayed. Yes, I do believe that prayer can move mountains & cause miracles! But let's get back to seeing JESUS at this Super Bowl game, that's estimated over 100 million people watch this big game. I was not one of them, however if I had opened that email sooner and knew that I might see JESUS, I just might have tuned in. As it happens, many that do turn on the game, do so to view the top commercials of the year. I don't even bother with those generally when watching TV but I had to find out now because that number of people seeing JESUS "seems incomprehensible" as I make a mental note that means an enormous number of people hearing the good news of JESUS - in a new way - by seeing JESUS at the Super Bowl. The intent was good & admirable (before I give you the controversy or the down side of people's remarks/reactions to the *commercial(s) shown, if I decide to do that, hardly worth it). Instead, I will return to the reason that today, February 14th, 2023 is a special day! 

πŸ’–
Max Lucado

is launching nationwide

an opportunity

to share

JESUS

with

selections

of Max's writings 

"... Experiencing the Confounding

LOVE

forgiveness & relevance of

JESUS"

 in

"HE GETS US"


Max Lucado is one of my favorite authors & is donating all his royalities of this book to the HE GETS US non-profit ministry (a movement of people sharing JESUS story & also to reintroduce people to Jesus in the Bible). IMO (in my opinion), this is much needed in the time in which we live, even church people seem to be getting further & further from being & seeing the real JESUS shown to our world. HE GETS US has an agenda (you can read this here)."This is one of the largest faith campaigns in history!" You can be a part of this, in conversations talking about the ads.

*One of the commercials did make it into the Top 10 of the Super Bowl commercials (#8, I think) entitled "Be Childlike".

In my search, I found that their website has so much valuable information (so that will take me awhile to cover & learn all that's there)but I discovered that You Version also has 5 reading plans:


JESUS: He Gets Us #1 (7 day plan) 

He Gets Us: #2 Diving Deeper (7 day plan)

He Gets Us: #3 Questions Jesus Asked (7 day plan)

He Gets Us: #4 Who Did Jesus Love? (9 day plan)

He Gets Us: #5 Who Did Jesus Say He Was? (9 days)

{*my apologies that these links are to GB English rather than US}

I've already chosen reading plans for the 40 days of Lent but these would have been perfect (totalling 39 days) but since they are on JESUS, I will be doing them sometime this year. I thought that the reading plans were by Max Lucado but after looking at HE GETS US, I'm not sure so I'm thinking they are not. I'll know more when his book launches today. If Max is willing to support or back this, then I think it's worth my time to at least read. 

On HE GETS US website, there is a topic section and the first one listed is #LOVE - appropriate for today, but far from the romantic ideal of love celebrated. There are two videos to watch & articles besides the main one. The first one goes with the commercial: "Be Childlike". HE GETS US also connects to these reading plans.


... "Love is the underlying theme of every great story. But to be honest, the story gets *messy. That's what you'll see with a closer look at the life of JESUS. ..." #4

* we are well acquainted with MESSES here & messy love but mostly 

JESUS

HE GETS US

"... Take a closer look at how Jesus Loved ...

and see how the lines defining and dividing us can disappear!"


πŸ’“

I have shared this many years on this blog & have seen it everywhere but

 it's the best Valentine ever written or given



I hope this inspires you to

LOVE ONE ANOTHER

as

JESUS LOVES

YOU

πŸ’–


HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy