"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Sunday, February 26, 2023

JESUS, the MIRACLE WORKER (11-15)

[The following blog post should not be published until March 12th, but because this is the first Sunday of Lent, which lasts for 40 days (not including Sundays), I am summarizing the weeks during LENT & will continue later in April with the weekly blog posts on Sun. with #16]



Section Three: Jesus, the Miracle Worker

As I mentioned that JESUS as a Miracle Worker seems to be the appropriate focus of JESUS during Lent. These are all the Chapters that are in Section Three, and the numbers after are the weekly dates for each one. So this post will summarize #11-15 as best I can and I will not be posts any blogs on Sun. from "52 Weeks..."

11. A Man of Marvels 3/12
12. Crisis Manager    3/19
13. Captain of My Ship 3/26
14. A Miraculous Multiplier 4/2
15. A Leader Worth Following 4/9
**************************************
16. The Great Empathizer 4/16
17. The Divine Ophthalmologist 4/23
18. Spiritually Sovereign 4/30

[I will continue with #16-18 weekly later]

I will just be sharing the segments in each of the chapters in JESUS, the Miracle Worker, but of course, the actual devotional "52 Weeks with Jesus" does much better. We'll start off with "A Man of Marvels" ... JESUS' Miracles "reveal surprising truths about who Jesus is and spiritual lessons about how we can know & relate to Him." 

Reading just one of the weekly Scriptures each week day (listed below) is a good way to connect with our JESUS as "A Man of Marvels" (He's beyond all the Marvel movies); He's our "Crisis Manager"; He's the Captain of our ships; He'll Multiple (little into Much) Miraculously; and most definitely He is a "Leader Worth Following" deserving of all our respect (as our leaders should receive), all the honor & of course, all the Glory is His, now & forever!

11. A Man of Marvels 3/12 Mat.15:29-31
"Do You Believe"
"Opening Our Minds to Miracles"
"Jesus' Miracles Authenticated His*Mission"
"Jesus' Miracles Reveal Who He Is" **
"Jesus' Miracles Glorify the Father" ***

*Mark 2:5-9 (v.8-12)
** John 10:22-39
*** Matthew 7:22-23
John 14:8-14

12. Crisis Manager 3/19 
"Spectacular(& Unspectacular) Debuts
"A Big Deal Miracle"
"Turn to Jesus When You Face Problems"
"Talk to Jesus about Your Problems"
"Trust Jesus to Handle Your Problems"

John 2:1-11; Matthew 11:25-30; 1 Peter 5:6-11;
Matthew 6:25-34; John 13:12-20

13. Captain of My Ship 3/26
"Rough Waters"
"Jesus Wants Us to Remember His Promises"
"Jesus Wants Us to Rest in His Presence"
"Jesus Wants Us to Rely on His Power"
"The Safe Place"

Mark 4:35-40; Psalm 31:1-24; Psalm 107:23-32;
John 14:25-27; Proverbs 3:5-6

14. A Miraculous Multiplier 4/2
"The Law of Leftovers"
"Jesus Asks You for What You Have"
"Give What You Have to Jesus"
"Jesus Will Use What You Give"
"Jesus Blesses What He Uses"

John 6:1-14; Proverbs 11:24; Luke 6:37-38;
Malachi 3:6-12; Matthew 25:14-30

15. A Leader Worth Following 4/9
"The Leader Who Follows"
"Under Authority"
"Pecking Order"
"Respecting Leadership"
"Receiving Leadership"

Luke 7:1-10; Romans 13:1-7; Ephesians 5:22-6:9;
Hebrews 13:17; John 6:35-40

<><><>

I do realize that this brief outline of the chapters really does not help you much, but it is helpful to me (lol). So hopefully with the subtitles & Scriptures, you can read between the lines and gather some details of JESUS, the Miracle Worker. Perhaps it can serve as an incentive to check out "52 Weeks with Jesus" by James Merritt, because it was for me and I not only purchased the book (in 2022) but I signed up somehow with Harvest House Publishers, who faithfully send me an email with one of these segments every week, which God used to whisper this into becoming my One Word ... JESUS (for 2023). I was not too sure that JESUS could be a One Word, but it just kept showing up & being confirmed. The whisper became a nudge and that nudge confirmed let me know that I needed JESUS (front & center) every minute of every day in 2023. Since "52 Weeks ..." isn't my book, I try not to infringe on anyone's copyright yet still share enough to "whet your whistle" with nuggets about JESUS, so you want to dig deeper & learn more to be closer to JESUS!

11. "Lord, because of the miracles You've worked in the past. I believe You are who You say You are. Glorify Yourself today through me."
12. "Lord, I thank You that I can trust You with any problem in my life, knowing that You will handle it. Teach me to let go."
13. "Lord, I believe there is no need to fear when You are near. Be near to me this day."
14. "Lord, teach me to trust You with my 'lunch', confident that You will provide abundantly and bless others through my offering."
15. "Lord, teach me - in the sphere of my everyday living - what it means to be a faithful follower of You."

🙏

I could say these prayers every single day!

God knew that this devotional 

is my kind of devotional

since March of 2022

but it took me 'til

2023

to get to it

and read it from

my stack of  books & ebooks

I did not know this author nor his books

that are written yet happy to be reading this one

 & learning more details about

JESUS

in a fresh way

<>

Well done!

🕮

I will be reading each of the above chapters & segments with the

WORD

Hope to see you all after this season of LENT!

<><><>

Unexpectant, urgent,  & suddenly

this past week, I needed a MIRACLE, beginning on Ash Weds. 

for a family member's spouse

and the family member

Please pray for

salvation,

eternal rest

&

perhaps comfort & peace for grieving & heavy hearts

that will be turned into joy in their mourning but

I'm believing for MIRACLES of life being given back

JESUS

being accepted

and

I hold on to this & expect God

to bring complete healing

this side of heaven still

but if not in heaven

because

of

JESUS

being received & accepted

forgiven & redeemed

by the blood & authority of the name of

JESUS

I speak life

&

give Him

all the praise, glory & thanks

with eternal hope & faith

in JESUS' saving

Grace always

aMazing

🙏


Thank you for praying with me!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy