"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Wednesday, February 22, 2023

LENT Begins today ... an Important 40 day Journey!

Most years I mark this day with an explanation of LENT 40 Days

as I 

"BEGIN LENT IN JESUS' FOOTSTEPS"
{this is a 4 day YV choice of reading plans}

I am on a longer journey than 4- 6 days but 
I will not be here on my blog, except maybe on Sundays
since Sundays are not included in the 40 days.

However, I will be


There is also another "Walk with Jesus" for 50 days and so many other really



time set apart

to commemorate

the 40 days

JESUS

spent in the desert

a period of preparation to celebrate our

LORD JESUS'

RESURRECTION

The journey between today & the celebration of

HIS RESURRECTION

is more than

40 days

<>

So I am not here today until after this time period - this post was done in advance - 

as I begin walking closer

"IN THE FOOTSTEPS

of the Savior"

JESUS

this

LENT

with

Max Lucado's new book & study guide

which Faith Gateway is starting on March 6th - April 10th

and, of course, I highly recommend this OBS

(even without the books, it's worth it)

Everyone can view Session 1 or

on You Tube

and

You Version

has one week sample plan

"Following Jesus When You Doubt"

(which shares the video also on day 3)

<>


Let's journey

"IN THE FOOTSTEPS..."

Following 

JESUS

to the Cross & the the Tomb

and

Beyond to His

RESURRECTION

(and ours)

<><><>

I also have a
 50 day devotional with a local church

RISEN
50 Reasons Why
THE RESURRECTION
Changed Everything

🙏🙏

by Steven D. Matthewson
(not a new book, 2013)

[this book is meant more for the 50 days from the Resurrection until Pentecost]

{I'm set with some really good guides-maybe too many}

<>

Have a Blessed Lent Journey!

I know that I will

I read these words in one of the YV Lent plans and agree:

"When we look around at the world today, we can see an awful lot of division and disconnection. Yet there is hope. A deep and thrilling hope. When we realize that we are one in Christ, everything changes. When we embrace togetherness – unity with creation, with each other, and with God – extraordinary things can happen. As you read any devotional for Lent, I pray you have a blessed Lent." Tearfund


********************************

There is another post set up already for this upcoming Sunday, February 26, 6 pm


2 comments:

  1. Dear God, I give you the following [name them] and lay them at the foot of the cross. Help me to move forward without these things in my life; guide me, comfort me, and stand in the gap of where these things were, so I can be closer to you. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weds. Lord, give me the grace to accept that I am dust.

    Lord, give me the grace to accept my own mortality.

    Thurs. Lord, give me the grace to be aware of Your presence.

    Lord, give me the grace to be fully present with You.

    Fri. God, give me the grace to keep my eyes on You.

    Lord, give me the grace to receive Your Word.

    Sat. Lord, give me the grace to see You in my life.

    Lord, give me the grace to choose Your life.

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy