"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Saturday, December 30, 2023

JESUS - God WITH Us

Each close of the year, I try to summarize the One Word that I focused on and in 2023 that

 JESUS



 I spent "52 Weeks With Jesus" in this book

by James Merritt

sharing as much as I could here

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made.

In John 1:1-2 (NIV above), Word is the title of the Lord Jesus.

Jesus embodied the total message of God to man.

With this and all that I read, I just don't think I can possibly summarize JESUS.

"The One and Only"

Through spending "52 Weeks With Jesus" I was able to focus on different aspects of who

JESUS 

is

and so that is what I've shared here all year but

not only is "there nobody like Jesus" 

there is also no way to summarize

JESUS

To experience a year focused on

JESUS

is like James Merritt wrote & as the subtitle indicates that you'll

"Fall in Love with the One Who Changed Everything"

as your passion for Jesus will grow & your love will increase

as you draw closer to Jesus, your eyes will be opened to 

"new facets of His wonder, His beauty, His majesty"

One minute with Jesus turns into one year 

that most certainly can & will

transform your life!

IF you let Him

IN

<>

Experiencing JESUS day after day, walking with Him, talking with Him, listening to Him,

reading about Him, brings the Word alive for you - in you, and hopefully through you to others.

I began this journey

WITH JESUS

the Transformer with this:

"Birthdays are not unusual - unless the baby happens to be God. We begin our journey with Jesus at a logical place: His lineage and birth. More than a sweet, syrupy Christmas story, Christ's beginning reveals why He should be important to us and why we are important to Him."~James Merritt

and then

I encountered Him in 7 more sections, totaling 8

WITH JESUS

as

the Answer, the Miracle Worker, the Storyteller

the Teacher, the Helper, the Leader

and ended up

WITH JESUS

the Overcomer

and I found that He is All this and so much more!

<><><>

"Experiencing God's Presence"

WITH JESUS


This year, an author that I have many books & ebooks of left this earth for her heavenly home.
The focus of all her books is JESUS! I am sure that many of you know her and her books,
even some of you (also well-known) criticized her books, calling them 'blasphemous', 'troubling', and 'built on falsehood'. I don't happen to agree with the criticism or controversy that she was claiming her beautifully written books as the Word, Jesus' speaking to her or us (even though her books are written in the voice of Jesus, as if He is speaking to us, but often she gives Scripture references). So in my opinion, she is restating the Scripture as if Jesus is saying it to us and to our situation. What I do know is that for her & for readers that liked her style and gift of writing & taking God's Word & personalizing the message, we were drawn closer to Jesus. I thought that we were suppose to encourage one another. Anyways, with the passing of Sarah Young, at 77, in August of 2023, I decided to look through her many devotional books starting with "Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence" (which started the criticism; but all her books are her personal reflections of her own daily quiet time, Bible readings, praying and writing in her journals - isn't that what we're encouraged to do?).

My very favorite is "Jesus Listens"; however, there are also "Jesus Always" (a close second);
"Jesus Today"; "Dear Jesus"; "Jesus Lives" and variations of these for kids, special occasions and themes. In each one, I notice one word: JESUS! Not that I knew that Sarah Young would be leaving for her earthly home this year, when I chose the one word: JESUS as my focus but clearly Jesus was calling her home & I pray her departure was as peaceful as she certainly wrote much about Jesus and enjoying "peace in His Presence". 

I am thankful for her many books, contrary to what others warn against, I find that she inspired me to draw closer and listen to what Jesus is saying when I read His Word. I never confused the two: Sarah's reflections; with JESUS, as the Word, in God's Word, our Living Word. 

I also appreciate the Discussion Guides made available on the Jesus Calling website. Perhaps if we LISTEN to JESUS' CALLING us, we wouldn't have so much time to be negative in our world and we would be living JESUS in our daily interactions with one another, especially in the body of Christ. All I know for sure is that JESUS is the same, yesterday, today and forever, so we'd better continue to look to JESUS and keep our eyes on Him! 

<><><>

2023 

WITH JESUS

is/was

just the beginning

I look forward to a lifetime

and an eternity

WITH

JESUS

"Your Word, Lord, is Eternal!"
Psalm 119:89

 "Jesus is the Word because He was the means through which the Father brought all physical reality into existence and because He is the One Who represents the Father's invisible nature and character to that creation. Just as your spoken word is the physical manifestation of your thoughts and personality, Jesus is the "Word" of the invisible God to His creation."


JESUS

a perfect revelation of the

Father

"The Word was made flesh and dwelt among us"
John 1:14


JESUS CHRIST

God WITH us

[Immanuel or Emmanuel]

Dear Immanuel, 
Thank You for being with us in every moment of our lives. Thank You that we never have to be alone because You, God love us so much that You are here with us always. May each moment of our day be filled with that life-strengthening truth. We love You, Lord. As we close our journeys for 2023 and head into 2024, we ask that You be with us, Immanuel & lead us.
In Your name, I pray, Amen

<><><>

"JESUS WITH US...

...LIVE LIKE JESUS, LOVE LIKE JESUS"

I thought that I was finished with tying all of my year (2023) together "With Jesus" and lo & behold, I found out that it's just a new beginning & this journey continues with a better foundation & a fresh spark of JESUS with me, in a closer relationship that keeps growing & getting better. I realized that James Merritt was right about "falling in love" ... all over again & it was then, in October, that I discovered another 4 book series from JourneyWise through a sample plan at You Version, which is the first of the four (yet to be published in 2024):

1. Jesus With Us: Meeting Him Where He Began
2. Jesus Among Us: Walking with Him in His Ministry and Miracles
3. Jesus Through Us: Following His Example in Love and Service
4. Jesus in Us: Living Wholeheartedly the Life He Intends

so I could be continuing with these, but for now, I've decided just to list them & the words in bold & all in capitals of this section - sums up what "falling in love" again with Jesus means that we desire & commit our lives once more to follow in His foot steps to live & love like Jesus (our goal & our purpose & our calling in life) so that JESUS is WITH us; AMONG us; THROUGH us (by following His example in love & service); and JESUS IN US! [not a lesson in prepositions, it's a lesson in the Way - the Truth and the Life, allowing JESUS to live through us, we become the extended hands of Jesus to others & we flow overflowingly in His aMazing Grace, with love & service like Him. True vessels, true followers. 

<><><>

*You may not see the connection through this post as a summary of my One Word: JESUS
but it is for me - a thread runs through all of this post in my head, although I am not implying any connection between the authors: James Merritt and Sarah Young; JourneyWise. That connection is only for me because each author spoke volumes to me about JESUS in my life.

Only God can sum up JESUS! But the most important part is that God is With Us & He sent JESUS, the Word to us, to reveal & teach us how to LIVE and BE more like JESUS, reflect His Love to All!

Let's do better in 2024!

No big reveal of a new One Word yet for 2024

but as usual I will start the year 

in

PRAYER

as

JESUS

CALMs my HEART

in

HIS PRESENCE

💓




No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy