"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Saturday, December 23, 2023

JESUS, the OVERCOMER #52

{Instead of allowing this to publish on Christmas Eve, I moved it back one day.}


This blog post features

Jesus,

the Overcomer

 for December

<><><>
Section 8 is
 Jesus, the Overcomer
(weeks 49-52)

December - Section Eight: Jesus, the Overcomer
49The Passion of the Christ—the Rest of the Story
50. His Grace, My Place
51. The Warrior Rises
52. Dead Man Walking

<>

SCRIPTURE READINGS 

for 

WEEK 52

52. Matthew 27:57-28:10; John 11:1-44; Ecclesiastes 8:8; Psalm 89:46-48; Revelation 20:4-6

These are the subtitles/segments of #52 

52. Dead Man Walking: "Hope for the Hopeless"; "The Secret to Security"; "We Must Expect the Fact of Death"; "We Will Experience the Force of Death"; "We Can Escape the Fear of Death"

Expect

Experience

Escape

Death & Live

With

JESUS

...because of Jesus' death

We Live

this is our Hope



PRAYERS:

52. Lord, I thank You that in Your dying and rising, You have become hope for the hopeless. I praise You for being - for me & for the world - the Resurrection and the Life!

This isn't really the best

CHRISTmas

message

or

maybe it is

if you believe

tell others what Jesus has done in your life!

That's the reason for this season

Jesus was born, lived, died & was buried

and then

He was raised from the dead

as those in

Christ

will

be



JESUS

the Overcomer

[Interview with James Merritt]

"52 Weeks with Jesus"

<><><>

a more current series (May 2023) with 
James Merritt
Touching Lives

"This is Your Captain Speaking"
(series on the 7 Letters found in the book of Revelation)

Sardis: The Walking Dead

{this was the reason I chose to list this & then the series}

"The church at Sardis was not a weak church that needed restoration. It was not a sick church that need rejuvenation. It was a dead church that needed resurrection. It was in a sense the church of the walking dead. I can tell you as a pastor my greatest fear is both pastoring a dead church and being a dead Christian. I want all of us today to perform our own self-examination and let’s see what steps we must take first of all to determine just how alive our Christian faith is and what we must do to be resurrected. Death may be fatal, but it is never final if we turn back to Jesus. As we examine ourselves, notice the fourfold prescription Jesus gives to get a church (or your faith) off the machine and alive again."


But because I am always interesting in series on these letters to the Churches, 
I've listed them all:

[not in order]

Smyrna: Grace Under Pressure

Laodicea: Spiritually Bankrupt

Ephesus: You've Lost that Loving Feeling

Thyatira: Failing the Tolerance Test

Pergamum: Dealing with the Devil

Philadelphia: Forever Faithful
<>
[Full Playlist of them all]
for this Sermon Guide


Another interesting one this past year:

"From Here to Eternity" 
6 videos
deal with death as this last
Week 52
seems to do

"All Things New"


Current series: "Unsung Heroes"

<>

This certainly is enough to keep us busy 
into the New Year of 2024,

yet I hope to still post a couple more posts 
as summary to

2023

WITH JESUS




No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy